Feeding your flock amidst of feed shortages

Pics
Is that safe? Using bleach on food?
Do you drink chlorinated water? That's what bleach is, just much more concentrated. It is a common method for rendering water biologically safe (kills bacteria) in emergency situations.

Safety is just a matter of concentration, how long you use it during the sprouting process and how many rinses you have after you stop using bleach. When using bleach, be sure to only use one that has no additives- dyes, scents, etc.

Do you drink chlorinated water? That's what bleach is, just much more concentrated. It is a common method for rendering water biologically safe (kills bacteria) in emergency situations.

Safety is just a matter of concentration, how long you use it during the sprouting process and how many rinses you have after you stop using bleach. When using bleach, be sure to only use one that has no additives- dyes, scents, etc.
Yup! 🤙🏻

No, we have well water and it is not chlorinated. I'm not comfortable using the bleach, so I will see what happens without it on my next attempt and maybe try to find an alternative if I keep having mold issues.

, on a continent far away, they brewed beer. Very weak beer. Frequently referred to as table beer, because it's what you drank instead of water. Why? Because there's nothing in a properly brewed beer that will kill you. Some of it can make you plenty sick, but it won't kill you. If it comes to it, I'll be using sprouted grains to make my own table beer with my well water. Now I just need to figure out how to harness the goat to a manual pump since my water table is some two hundred feet below me. I don't want to do that with a hand pump.

:( , U_stormcrow.

Anyone have ideas on how to provide selenium to chickens? Much of the U.S. is deficient in that. It has a narrow window between deficient and toxic amounts so I don't want to just start adding whatever I see for sale online even if I know where the ingredients I'm feeding were grown. If we start mixing our own feed, we will lose that being done for us.

There are many reasons I would rather just buy chicken feed.
JPEG_20211016_161843_9158468192588811858.jpg

Thanks for posting @Kiki - that’s a pretty chicken friendly list…meat, seafood, eggs, wheat.
I haven't finished catching up but I see someone else already posted a link to the same type of list.
My bad.

I cannot read ahead. I just replied as I'm reading.

Back
Top Bottom