Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
It's just too bad that those who don't have a problem have to do the work for those that speak the loudest about a problem they think they have but won't do anything fact based to prove it or solve it. I know when things aren't working for me, or I have a problem with something I do everything possible to solve it not just yell at my neighbor about it.
@I Love Feather Babies I figured as much

It’s all about control. If you aren’t getting as many eggs, if your garden isn’t doing as well as it should because seeds have been altered, your milk cow isn’t producing as much milk, etc. then you have to rely on whoever to get what you need to survive. If you can provide your own food by gardening, raising cattle, chickens and other livestock, you don’t need “them.” Which makes you harder to control. Am I a conspiracy theorist? Maybe. But anyone who puts too much trust in any government/administrations is in for a rude awakening.
who are 'they' that want to control you?

in the "hey guys, are you seeing this happen too?" phase of a potential story.

The real problem is there is never a "Hey guys, we were wrong, sorry for worrying you" phase of the story.

How many people, new and perhaps naive, make major changes because they thought they could trust the people sharing "stories"? I think it's a shame.
Most of the people involved in gossip don't care about the consequences for others who believed them.

That's really what modern conspiracy theories are. Gossip. A cheap thrill for the people that need more attention and have no other way to get it.

Daylight. Age of hen. Breed.

Daylight. Age of hen.

Daylight.

The real problem is there is never a "Hey guys, we were wrong, sorry for worrying you" phase of the story.

How many people, new and perhaps naive, make major changes because they thought they could trust the people sharing "stories"? I think it's a shame.
Most of the people involved in gossip don't care about the consequences for others who believed them.

That's really what modern conspiracy theories are. Gossip. A cheap thrill for the people that need more attention and have no other way to get it.

Daylight. Age of hen. Breed.

Daylight. Age of hen.

Daylight.
I don't really know how to respond as I don't want to drag this into a completely off topic discussion, but I think you're 100% wrong and your analyses about "conspiracy theorists" aren't based in fact or reality.
Right now the "conspiracy theorists" are batting 1000 on most subjects, and it seems that people suffering consequences are the ones that didn't heed their warnings. But oh well.

Ok, Daylight, age, breed then
The Daylight would be what one would expect to get in MA in Nov Dec and Jan. All birds about 8-9 months old. Isa Brown, Marans, Welsummer, Buff Orp, Wyandotte, Blue Rock Cross, Black Sex Link

Now, what can you tell me with that information? Absolutely nothing, because you insist on me excluding the most relevant information: all but one completely stopped laying until I switched feed, and now they're all laying again like they nothing every happened, and that's the same story with everyone else experiencing this phenomenon. But people like you would rather shove your heads in the sand and call us "gossipers" looking for "cheap thrills" and attention, rather than burden yourself with any potentially disturbing thoughts. I find it to be disingenuous, insulting, and shameful.

Ok. There are several labs in my state. I guess I'll just order an analysis of ingredients, yes? I'll even go out and buy some Producer's Pride. That's the feed we're all up in arms about, right?
I don't have any of mine left to send you, but maybe some people here on the forums that have had the same experience do. From what I've heard, it's Producer's Pride, Dumor, and Purina, all the same company.

Am I a conspiracy theorist?
Yes, if there ever was one.

@Aunt Angus, that is a very nobel thing to do. Applause applause. Asking for the feed composition (the ingredient list) might be expensive. Unless they have found a way to automate it, I believe they do that by picking out and compiling the individual flakes of various ingredients under a microscope_ It's very tedious, labor intensive and, thus, expensive. It the sort of thing one feed manufacturer might undertake to see what the competition is doing. Like industrial espionage. What will be less expensive, and what labs doing feed analysis usually do, is determine the amount of the various nutrients (fat, protein, methionine, calcium and stuff like that). This can be done in mass spectronimy machine(s). The results are the information you will usually find on the label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom