Feeds affecting laying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
What’s up with the last sentence? I thought we were here for information, I don’t usually feed Dumor so I was curious, about others experience. Looks like you are an OG with the forum or at least quite active on the forum, should newbie’s toss your info because you have an issue with a theory?
What are you talking about? I don't have an issue with the theory. I have an issue with stating it as fact when nothing's yet been proven.

Go ahead and toss my info if you want. No one I've talked to wants to acknowledge that it's not everyone who is having problems with the feed. I'm not having any problems. I have more eggs than I know what to do with. Does that mean there is no problem? No. But it's not ubiquitous as so many keep stating.

And I am the only person so far who is actually getting feed tested.

Speaking of which - if you know folks with the bad feed, I'd appreciate it if they'd either send me 2-3 cups along with their batch info so I can send it off to have tests conducted, or if you'd send any bad feed you can find for analysis. It only costs about $150 to conduct the most relevant tests.

PM me for a shipping address.

Tha
What are you talking about? I don't have an issue with the theory. I have an issue with stating it as fact when nothing's yet been proven.

Go ahead and toss my info if you want. No one I've talked to wants to acknowledge that it's not everyone who is having problems with the feed. I'm not having any problems. I have more eggs than I know what to do with. Does that mean there is no problem? No. But it's not ubiquitous as so many keep stating.

And I am the only person so far who is actually getting feed tested.

Speaking of which - if you know folks with the bad feed, I'd appreciate it if they'd either send me 2-3 cups along with their batch info so I can send it off to have tests conducted, or if you'd send any bad feed you can find for analysis. It only costs about $150 to conduct the most relevant tests.

PM me for a shipping address.
That’s awesome that you will test everyone’s feed at $150 a pop! If I had any left I would send some to you, for $150 is a lot of money for me!

can you post some sources? I've been following this closely and it feels like it's 99% a USA thing.
I couldn't say what percentage is happening, (being reported anyway), per country. I am not following it closely because even though I've experienced problems for the first time ever, with first lay pullets, I am just doing my own troubleshooting here. I have massive wind turbines very close and circling me and they are well documented to cause serious problems with all livestock as well as humans. The symptoms and length of time involved can vary, as with all environmental factors. The wild animals here are having serious neurological (seemingly neurological) problems as well this past year. Coons, possums, etc, having seizures, etc. This is a highly toxic area due to the farming practices,(I don't call what they do farming, however, and it's not the way I farmed for decades), and so it's very difficult to pinpoint any one problem, and it's likely not just one problem. I suspect the same for the reported laying issues. It's no different than human illnesses, as they are never caused by just one thing even if people like to claim that. I have not saved the various sources that I've read reports from and it would take quite some time for me to go back into computer history to find them, something that I do not have time for today. The first slightly warm, sunny, and non blustery day in a while and time for some outside work. Anything I do come across I will post here.

I follow many homesteaders on you tube and FB. Many of them have experienced the same thing with TSC feeds. Some didn't want to believe what they suspected, but when they went to the process of elimination, quit feeding said feeds and started with things like table scraps, mixing their own, or finding a local feed mill their chickens started laying again. So this is not a conspiracy, it is a real thing. Several years back I was feeding PP from TS when I was in CA. We had 20 girls and they dropped off on laying when winter set in but then spring sprung and egg production was next to nothing. After doing some research, I switched to a local feed mills feed, and within a week the egg production increased significantly.
Since then I never went back to any of the big corporate stores for feed, always a local feed store and besides I like supporting local businesses, AND keeping my girls happy

it's very difficult to pinpoint any one problem, and it's likely not just one problem. I suspect the same for the reported laying issues.
So you agree with the rest of us, then. We're all saying there are too many variables. Your first posts came off as quite unreasonable and unwilling to consider any other perspectives. Thank you for clarifying.

It is happening to first time layers as well, pullets, that just started laying in September and already showing problems in October and November. It may not be the feed, or it may be, or it may be a combination of things and may be something different in different areas, but it is a very unusual and never before happening for many long term chicken raisers.
Who said it never happened with long time chicken raisers? In 2009 I had 18 month old birds that didn't lay 1 egg between the 12 of them in 6 weeks. That never happened to me in the previous 16 seasons of raising chickens. There was no TikTok or FB, so I never found out why this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom