1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Feedstore rescue.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JimnJanet, Jun 28, 2008.

1. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    I was peacefully drivin today when i attempted
    to drive past one o' our local feedstores. [​IMG]
    Our car took on a mind of it's own and the next thing we know we're in the lot with the engine off.
    We went in to jist "look" at the wee ones.
    Little did we know...........
    We spotted a brooder with 3 d/o bantams.We were tryin to figger if there was any 'canuas in there and we spotted this litte one.

[​IMG]
    It was layin with it's feet thru the mesh floor and acting very lathargic while the other little ones trampled right over it.
    We made a deal with the owner that we would buy a couple o' what we thought were 'canaus( after seein 'em in daylight instead o' that red heat lamp, i got no clue now what they might be) if he let us take the wee one and try and nurse it back.He said okeedokee and $7.42 later we was out the door wit 2 and a half brandy spankin new fuzzy butts. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here's the 2 we bot. [​IMG] No clue what they are but they sure are a couple o' cuties [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    my sebrights looked like that, when they were babies. but nonethe less cute

3. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Yep, those are definitely gold sebrights. I just got some of those in a shipment from mypetchicken a couple of days ago.

Congrats!

4. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Quote:What feedstore did you visit that had June chicks? The only places near me in Western PA only have chicks for prob 3 wks before Easter.

5. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Wow, that's a tiny little chick! I hope the others don't pick on it :|

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have no idea, but it's cute. My local feedstore has chicks every month of the year except Nov and Dec.

7. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    Around here tractor supply only keeps them for about a month. Farm and Home had them for almost 3 months. I would be in trouble If they kept them year round!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by