Feel like quitting!! My gorgeous bourbon red stag 'Clyde' killed and stolen.

tracylo09

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Got to my allotment this morning to find someone had dragged my turkey stag through the window of his shed & killed and taken him. They had been in all my other pens/runs but deliberately targeted my two turkeys which I loved so much. I got to my gate and could hear Bonnie clucking loudly which was very unusual as they are both so quiet until I let them out. I actually thought she must of laid her first egg. It took me a minute or two to realise that she was outside and their shed was still locked. It was then I noticed all the blood and feathers and Clyde missing. At first I thought it could be a fox until I saw all the locks undone. I can't believe someone would be so cruel to save themselves a bit of money. I am absolutely devastated and have been crying all day. I think I may have to get rid of all my birds as I couldn't go through this again.

So sorry to hear that
hugs.gif

Thank you all for your kind comments. I miss him so much already. I am going to the police in the morning although there probably isn't much they can do. I don't have electricity on the allotment to set up a camera well only by a generator but they'd probably take that too thieving b@@@@@ds. I got my first incubator for Christmas and was looking forward to setting my first batch in the new year. I think I will have to give it a miss now.

Thank you all for your kind comments. I miss him so much already. I am going to the police in the morning although there probably isn't much they can do. I don't have electricity on the allotment to set up a camera well only by a generator but they'd probably take that too thieving b@@@@@ds. I got my first incubator for Christmas and was looking forward to setting my first batch in the new year. I think I will have to give it a miss now.
you might as weel call the police today, they work 24/7

What type of locks did you have? Coons are pretty clever at unlocking things.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm in the UK so we don't have coons. Was definitely people (used very loosely) because I found the ice pick they used to rip the window off.

Back
Top Bottom