Feeling Roo-ish????

jdoane

Songster
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Western Massachusetts
OK. So I'm still not clear - is behavior at 3 weeks indicative of sex???? One of my English Orpingtons has recently started funny posturing. Gets low down, next stretched in front and snakes around. "She" tends to zoom around the brooder when she does it and it looks aggressive to the other chicks but they really just ignore her or get up tall and flap at her. Rooster?????? Feather sexed at three days to be a pullet but you know how that goes! LOL

It ccould be - but I had a BO who was (and still is) convinced she was a ninja - doing what you described and looking like a knight on horseback charging with a lance - or something to that effect. She is a girl. (Obviously.) I guess you could have a rooster like that, but I'd say if it was sexed a girl, assume it is a ninja-girl until s/he starts crowing or shows more definite male behaviorism.

Behavior is the same in pullets and cockerels pretty much until the boys start feeling their hormones. When they're all immature, they all jockey for position on the social ladder.

Back
Top Bottom