Feet Issues

BoombaLove

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 22, 2013
City Ranch, Ca
Hi everyone, I'm new here and to chicken raising. We have 4 girls that have been laying for the last couple of months =)
My issue is with my EE, Henny. She is definitely my favorite and super friendly. When we got her she had a small little ball kinda between her toes, I didn't think much of it. Well, a couple of weeks ago it appeared to have gotten bigger and she started walking like her feet were painful. I checked threads on here and thought maybe it was bumble foot but she has no black spot. The "pads" of both feet seem to be swollen (kinda soft).
Now her rear end looks like it's a bit irritated =( Again, I checked some threads on here and read that habving poop on them can cause the irritation. I noticed 2 nights ago that she was sleeping in the nesting box. Now I'm thinking maybe she sleeping in there because her feet hurt and she can't use the perch =(
Where do I even start to make her better? I feel so bad for her! Otherwise, she's getting around, eating/drinking and laying eggs.

Got it. Not sure how much this helps. Thanks!

Can you give us a shot of the bottom of the swollen foot, and possibly a close up of just the foot its self? I can tell its swollen, but i cant see anything else. Is the bump hard?
I cant really tell whats going on with her...sorry!

I'll try to get more pics when I get home. I know the bottom of her feet are swollen and soft, not sure about the part between her toes. It's hard to get any pictures with my 2yr old son trying to "help" me.

It dosnt look like bumble foot really..but from the pics i cant really tell. Has it been cold and wet where you live?

When we first got her it was cold (just before winter) but for the last 3wks it's been 70+ degrees and into the 40s at night. None of the other girls have any issues.

Back
Top Bottom