Fell Off Step stool

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pips&peeps, Oct 7, 2008.

1. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Hi Guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I had a small accident on Friday and won't be around the next couple of weeks very much. I feel like I broke my a--. Can't take the pain of sitting at the computer.....

I had x-rays on Friday, they said nothing broken. Went back to the ER yesterday had an MRI and they said I have a slipped disc (between L5 and S1), but don't know if it was there already or new from the injury.

I am trying to make an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to get another assessment of the situation as I have a numb sensation of my "saddle" area with difficulty going potty. (sorry to those of you who feel that was TMI [​IMG]) I am also under the impression that when they say slipped it can mean a variety of different things and could be ruptured.

So if you need the ameraucana police, be patient as I will be off in la la land with my handy bottle of hydrocodone. [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We will miss you Jean and don't fool around with your back. I have a fracture in L5 that is just there forever. Don't just get 2nd opinions, get 3rd, 4th and 5th too!

3. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    Don't count out a GOOD, reputable, Chiropractor for an opinion. Sometimes with simple manipulation and treatment they can prevent surgeries that are often worse than the injury.

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am sorry you had such an accident. Take care of yourself. We will be waiting for your updates.

5. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Oof... take care!!

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    OUch! Take care of yourself and get well fast! I sure hate that when that happens!

7. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I wondered why PP just got away with spelling Ameraucana with an "i" in chat....
    I'm so sorry you've injured yourself. I only know how much it hurts to bruise my tail bone and that reeeeeeally hurts! Get as much info as you can and get better soon!
    pips&peeps :

Hi Guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I had a small accident on Friday and won't be around the next couple of weeks very much. I feel like I broke my a--. Can't take the pain of sitting at the computer.....

I had x-rays on Friday, they said nothing broken. Went back to the ER yesterday had an MRI and they said I have a slipped disc (between L5 and S1), but don't know if it was there already or new from the injury.

I am trying to make an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to get another assessment of the situation as I have a numb sensation of my "saddle" area with difficulty going potty. (sorry to those of you who feel that was TMI [​IMG]) I am also under the impression that when they say slipped it can mean a variety of different things and could be ruptured.

So if you need the ameraucana police, be patient as I will be off in la la land with my handy bottle of hydrocodone. [​IMG]

8. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    I'm so sorry Jean,,,,thats a tough one,,,,we'll be thinkin about you,,,and wish you a speedy recovery,,,,keep up with the drugs,,, I think we have all 'been there',,,,I'll be watchin for your return,,,, take good care,,,,,Tina,,,,,,aka/ skyfires,,,, ,:aww [​IMG] :aww [​IMG] :aww [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Doesnt sound fun AT ALL. I hope it starts to get better soon.[​IMG]

10. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Hi all!

Feeling a little better today as I got some steroids last night. The pain is less severe, but I realize it may just be being masked, so going to take it easy.

Have to see a neuro surgeon next week for the numbness.

I best get off the computer now as I have spent too much time in a chair already......... [​IMG]

Nice visual huh???? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by