Female bantam STILL needed--UPDATE! Poor Roy is a mess!

HHandbasket

The Chickeneer
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
El Dorado County, California
Hi! My name is Roy, and I'm a handsome (pictured below), young, relatively successful, painted bantam cochin rooster. My hobbies include scratching in the dirt, chasing bugs, and just being a really sweet roo. I've reached a point in my life where I'm ready to share myself with the right hen. Well, any hen, really, but my humans insist I choose someone closer to my own size and stop trying to chase all these older "cougars" (year-old LF laying hens) in the yard that entice me with their lovely tailfeathers.

I've only recently started crowing and will gladly serenade you. I can provide you with a good, clean home, nice digs, plenty of sunshine and abundant shade, and humans that bring us treats almost daily and go out of their way to ensure our coop is safe. You will be surrounded by nice friends, a dog and some cats who know who we are and are friendly with us, and I will treat you right and bring you worms and bugs. Because we are both young and driven, we will probably mate frequently.

My favorite cuisine is simple. Some folks prefer French or Italian or Thai, but I like good, old-fashioned, American backyard fare. Fresh grass and leaves are a favorite, along with Junebugs, bees, and purple widdervetch flowers. Our humans supplement us with a vegetarian-based feed every day, and we have plenty of fresh water. I have a lot to share with the right girl, and we'll be part of a larger flock of assorted chickens of all ages and sizes. Come on, live a little. It'll be fun.

If you are a single bantam pullet in the northern California/Placerville/Sacramento/Foothills area, please contact my personal assistant, HHandbasket, to arrange a meeting and possible purchase or trade for other chickens that she has available.

59404_roy_the_rooster.jpeg

By the way, I'm totally into it if you have a sister, too, or even a good friend who is also a bantam. We can talk package deal.

edited for typos

Last edited:
Hi neighbor! I have 6 young bantam Welsummer chicks, surely there must be a sweet little girl in the group. I'm guessing they're a couple of months old. I'd have to check my calendar to be sure.

Hope all's well!

~Eve

Hey there, neighbor! Did I miss the 2nd processing weekend?? I'll have to call and fill you in, lots of uber-busy happening over here!

Are your wellie girls at/near point of lay? In order to keep things clean as this is a family site, let's just suffice it to say that ALLLLLLL the signs are there that he is ready, willing, and OH so eager to mate. I have a young pullet not yet old enough, but she is healing from a broken leg and can't get away from him, and he's doing awful things to her. I had to sequester her so he'd leave her alone so her leg can finish healing (she was doing pretty good until he started this behavior, which is what prompted me to place the "singles ad". He's not overly aggressive in his mating, but she's only 3 months old! Totally not ready yet, but she's the only one that can't escape from him. And he tries with the older girls, but ya know, he's a bantam, and they're, like, 6 and 7 pound birds & he tries to bite at their necks & all he gets for his troubles is a beak full of feathers. He's really awesome--we have raised him since 2 days after he was hatched, and he eats treats and scratch from our hands and will come sit next to us if we sit out in the yard for a while. There's NO way we'd give him up unless he turned bad, and I couldn't see that with him.

Anyway, so we are hoping to find someone who is old enough to enter into an "adult relationship" with Roy The Rooster.
smile.png

We have some of Rico's offspring (8 of them--we're keeping 2)... so I got some chicks I'll trade you in exchange for one or both of your wellie girls if they're the right age.

This is the first thing I've seen online in ages that has literally made me laugh out loud!!!!
lau.gif

Last line had the creepy edge that made it even funnier!

UPDATE: I'm still looking for that perfect bantam girl who is ready to just mate... and mate... and mate. My personal assistant, HHandbasket, has informed me that my behavior in her so-called "chicken yard" has been unacceptable. Apparently, I'm supposed to be showing interest in young females close to my own age and size, rather than what I've been doing, which is chasing and humping EVERYTHING in the yard, boy, girl, large fowl, small fowl, fully grown, 2 months old, doesn't really matter much to me. However, my human caretakers and their assistants contend that just way too many of the other chickens in the yard are losing their feathers in my beak. And in the end, I'm not really getting what I'm after...not quite, anyway.

I am told I really need to find a nice girl or two my own size. They tell me I'm a "bantam", whatever THAT'S supposed to mean! I am ready to mate, and I mean like NOW.

So if you're a nice bantam (not particular about breed, but extra points are given if you're a cochin, too) and you are in my area of the Sierra foothills/Gold Country, please contact my personal assistant, HHandbasket.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom