Female chases male

Quailaholic131

Chirping
Nov 22, 2019
The past few days ive noticed one of my females chasing the "alpha" male. I have 2 males and hes the more dominant one, but lately my female has been chasing him constantly. He hides and runs away, and all the others run to avoid her wrath. She even pecked one of the others when they got too close when she was pecking the male. Why is she doing this? What can i do to stop it?

It sounds like she doesn't like him. Sometimes, certain individuals just don't like each other and there really isn't much you can do other than separating them. You may have to split them into 2 separate groups and do a bit of rearranging of individuals to figure out who is happy living with who. Socially quail can be a challenge.

It sounds like she doesn't like him. Sometimes, certain individuals just don't like each other and there really isn't much you can do other than separating them. You may have to split them into 2 separate groups and do a bit of rearranging of individuals to figure out who is happy living with who. Socially quail can be a challenge.
Ive raised them together since they were babies, why would she just now start attacking him?

Ive raised them together since they were babies, why would she just now start attacking him?

How old are they? Have they recently reached sexual maturity? She may not like how the male treated her and has decided to put him in his place. Something has upset her to make her act this way. With a mixed flock with more than one male the more space you can give them the happier everyone will be.

Sometimes this just happens. I have a female who, after hatching 10 chicks, decided she hated males! She'd attack every single one I tried putting her with. I eventually put her with one of my tougher males and she got used to him. She'd never admit it, but I know she likes him now.

Back
Top Bottom