Female Duck Behavior Question

furbabies86

Songster
Apr 2, 2020
Hey I have a female duck who is usually super loud every time I come outside she’s quacking so loud just to say hi as what I take it as that’s just something I got used to but today she is very quiet and she usually is with the male duck all the time and she’s just kind of standing alone and I’m not sure if there’s something wrong with her do you know of this behavior? It’s just not like her normally. As I’m looking at her from my window she’s just standing in the same spot. I checked her no prolapse. Her eyes and nostrils look normal. I gave treats and they all were eating including her. She’s just kinda keeping to herself. Walking slow. She’s less than a year old. There are eggs being laid even tho she is not sitting on them. I only saw her once doing that. I’m just not sure what’s wrong with her. She’s usually more active than this and definitely the loudest duck I have.

@Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @Isaac 0 This is odd, I hope she is doing okay
Me too. I lost one duck to a cyst and then one of Bantam chickens died in a sad accident. And all within the past few months. I don’t want anything to be wrong with her. She’s the only one who is loud every time I come outside. Jumps up to greet me at the gate. So this is just sad for me I am worried

Me too. I lost one duck to a cyst and then one of Bantam chickens died in a sad accident. And all within the past few months. I don’t want anything to be wrong with her. She’s the only one who is loud every time I come outside. Jumps up to greet me at the gate. So this is just sad for me I am worried
I be the will be just fine with you caring for her, what breed is she? When did the duck with the cyst die? Have you taken away any members of the flock recently she might be sad about?:confused: Otherwise I don't know.

I hope all turns out well. My duck does the same to me- quacking and screaming whenever she sees me. I'd be worried too if she suddenly became quiet. Good luck and best wishes for you.

I be the will be just fine with you caring for her, what breed is she? When did the duck with the cyst die? Have you taken away any members of the flock recently she might be sad about?:confused: Otherwise I don't know.
No the one that died was a few months ago

Update :: I went out there n felt her neck and chest to see if maybe something was lodged in there bc there’s a lot of acorns they try to get and usually drop and don’t eat. When I did that she finally became a little more active and started bobbing her head up n down like she normally does with her male duck partner and making some noise. Not her loud quack but more than she did the last few hours so idk maybe her throat was bothering her. Could be adjusting to the cold. We are in Michigan and it’s pretty cold today first time she’s been outside in it.

Update :: I went out there n felt her neck and chest to see if maybe something was lodged in there bc there’s a lot of acorns they try to get and usually drop and don’t eat. When I did that she finally became a little more active and started bobbing her head up n down like she normally does with her male duck partner and making some noise. Not her loud quack but more than she did the last few hours so idk maybe her throat was bothering her. Could be adjusting to the cold. We are in Michigan and it’s pretty cold today first time she’s been outside in it.
How smokey is it where you are, maybe she had a sore throat?

Back
Top Bottom