Female duck wanted for companionship

SherriY

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2023
Hi! I had to sell my 2 Drake Pekin ducks which left me with one very lonely Female pekin…looking for another female duck to be pampered and to be a friend. Does anyone near Houston, Tx have a female duck(quiet is best lol) that they are looking to sell?

(copied and adapted from a similar post by @Weeg )

Hello, you might try posting this on your state thread on BYC. State threads can be found by going to the "Where am I? Where are you?" section of this forum. Once you get there, click the very first thread at the top which should be labeled, "state thread links" or something like that. Your state thread will be labeled Texas.

You can also try Craigslist, or post something on your local FB if you have an account. Craigslist usually has plenty of poultry that need homes. Females may prove harder to find though; it can help not to be too set on a specific breed.

Lastly, be very cautions when picking up poultry from other people. They have carry lots of diseases if the owner is informed on that sort of thing. @Weeg wrote an article on what to look out for if your interested in that. I can link it here if you want. Good luck!

You might just have to be patient. :/ Maybe the stars will align? Lol

Or alternatively you could try ducklings. I'm not sure how many you are comfortable adding, or what the shipping minimums might be, but we got ours from Metzers and they even came with duck insurance. They will ship a replacement for free within a year. Cackle and other hatcheries will ship ducklings, as well.

Back
Top Bottom