Female Emu seeks male companion. in Siletz, Oregon 97380

do you still have Emily? I guess this has been awhile since you posted her. I have a wonderful place for her and will love her as a pet. I don't have a male at this point but will have one soon. Karen Kelley 707.951.2427

We still have Emily and would love to find a male for her, please let me know how much it would cost to purchase a male (shipped to 97380) or we could try hatching eggs?

UPDATE:
We were given a male Emu, Eli, as a companion for Emily, unfortunately Emily passed away a few months later. We had a necropsy (animal autopsy) preformed on her and found out she was egg bound. She had been without a mate her entire life so she had never laid an egg before. We found a soft egg shell in a nest in the goats loafing shed and thought it must be her first egg but no other eggs came and she got sick. We searched all over Oregon for a veterinarian that would see her, even spoke to Emu breeders and a former Emu Veterinarian, before we found a small town vet near Sublimity Oregon. We checked on Emily several times during the trip but her health declined quickly. Our last check was 15 minutes before we made it to the vet but she had passed away by the time we arrived. :(

We can only assume that she had trouble, maybe because she had never laid an egg before, and was several years pass when a wild Emu?

We found a new female Emu, Evie, as a companion for Eli and today we found our first 5 Emu eggs! We may have babies in our future!

Back
Top Bottom