Female muscovy start trilling loudly everytime they see me?

They seem fine, they follow me as always. It's just today they were acting more spontaneous.

Bearing in mind that I don't own ducks and every bit of info I share is second-hand from the internet, I wouldn't be concerned about it unless some kind of secondary/problematic situation appears in conjunction with it.

Is this a broody thing? When I step into the run they keep trilling and look up at me but then when I step out, they're dead silent. Are they hungry?

My two trill to each other and to me when they get excited about something - mealworms, going outside on a nice day, seeing each other after being apart, etc. The noise they make when broody is much different, more of a chirpCHIRP! with attitude. Mine don’t trill when broody and they don’t chirpCHIRP! when not broody or at least pre-broody. The volume of their trilling changes based on their level of excitement. Mine have recently been “angry battle trilling” which is very loud and high-pitched and is followed by biting and feather pulling.

Are they still at each other? This afternoon one of my Muscovy girls had hold of on of the chickens:barnie

Yikes! I hope your chicken is ok! Mine have definitely calmed down a bit over the last couple of days, although Daphne is definitely lacking some feathers now. I hope she is also molting, because if not... well, they took a lot of feathers! My pied hen was in a good mood this evening, as her flight feathers are finally coming back in. She was running about, flapping her wings, almost ready to at least get enough air to roost. I’m very relieved that things are improving as their battles had gotten scary, and separating all 3 was not logistically possible. Anyways, hoping that yours calm down soon also!

Mine just finished molting, and I think they are forgetting I'm mama not a drake - beedee is getting mad at me, and speedy won't let her near me though tolerates sugar cuddling up to me. I keep having to tell speedy to be nice, and you can tell she doesn't wanna listen cause she does those mad/annoyed/angry duck shakes... :eek::love

Back
Top Bottom