female pekin with diarrhea but vet meds not working

no. she is only losing weight because of the diarrhea. drinking more water but that is because of the pooping. she is acting her quacky, flappy energetic self. she bobs in the bath, preens, runs around the yard finding bugs and her favorite weeds. she is all normal. she is laying an egg every day.

it is oyster shell grit for some calcium as she is a layer. she only takes some when she wants it.

Is she acting any differently? Such as staggering or falling or being slower then the norm. What about swim time?? Does she act normal like doing the bobbing thing to clean herself or flapping her wings in the water to give you a bath too. Is she doing anything out of the norm??
no. she is only losing weight because of the diarrhea. drinking more water but that is because of the pooping. she is acting her quacky, flappy energetic self. she bobs in the bath, preens, runs around the yard finding bugs and her favorite weeds. she is all normal. she is laying an egg every day.

it is oyster shell grit for some calcium as she is a layer. she only takes some when she wants it.
do you have them laying down for them to get to at anytime or mixed in the food? Ducks don't really need calcuim, even if she is a layer, to much will cause issues. They need about 2% and I believe the food supplies more then enough.

You need to have them look at a fresh sample and ask them to run culture and sensitivity testing on it. Can your vet do a gram stain in the office?

-Kathy

saw the other doctor at the same exotic animal place. she was apathetic at best. she seemed to think that all of the poop was because Berkeley was a layer. did not want to discuss probiotics or how to slow the runny poop down. I have a referral from my cat vet to see a different doctor at a different place. I think I will take her there

saw the other doctor at the same exotic animal place. she was apathetic at best. she seemed to think that all of the poop was because Berkeley was a layer. did not want to discuss probiotics or how to slow the runny poop down. I have a referral from my cat vet to see a different doctor at a different place. I think I will take her there
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom