Fence gap?

callmeRISH

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 6, 2014

So that's about 1.5-2 inches high what age would you say a welsh harlequin hen couldn't get under if it's not till they are adults I'll probably put more rocks in but if it's when they are young I'll leave it

We live in town the only animals we ever see are rabbits...
I had to almost laugh, but i didn't because it's a misconception for folks who live in town to think their aren't any predators out there. For one thing there are cats, dogs roaming, foxes, opossums, raccoons, weasels, mink, rats, owls, hawks Blue jays will feast on a duckling, even coyotes have been known to venture into suburbs, and once they know someone has tasty ducks they will be as brave as they can get.

I guess for now we will add more rocks but eventually we will have to put something permanent there

I had to almost laugh, but i didn't because it's a misconception for folks who live in town to think their aren't any predators out there. For one thing there are cats, dogs roaming, foxes, opossums, raccoons, weasels, mink, rats, owls, hawks Blue jays will feast on a duckling, even coyotes have been known to venture into suburbs, and once they know someone has tasty ducks they will be as brave as they can get.

Yep, if one was to put 'treats' out and install a night vision game camera even in the most suburban areas you would likely be VERY surprised at what shows up...

Back
Top Bottom