tdgill

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 28, 2009
Cecil Co. MD - 5Yrs. Chickens 4Yrs. Ducks
seems like my new batch of hens are determined to keep me herding! The previous bunch did not continue to hop up on the split rail fence like these do. I have heard that they prefer a solid landing object like the rails (which the wire fence just meets) so I am considering putting a wire strand on the top over the rails. Wonder if this will work to keep them off the fence rails (and out of the neighbor's yard. oh btw, my young neighbors have gotten good at herding the renegades back into my fence yard also! lol)

mystang89

Songster
8 Years
Jul 12, 2011
Louisville
I don't know. I had a 6' fence, and by fence I mean loose hanging fence that didn't have any railing on top of it, and one of my hens, bantam hen at that, decided to make a flying leap at it and made it. She stayed on top of the fence for a bit then hopped down. Just letting you know that you might still have a problem with them landing on that wire and hopping over.

joshyoua_rine

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 9, 2011
t-ville, NC
go to lowes hardware in the garden section and ask for wildlife netting 7' x 50' or 100' dont remember but it cost like $13. it is thin netting but it will keep your chickens in

Top Bottom