Fence Post Alternatives??

Why can't you use steel posts? Like T-posts?

692915-18%20Stud%20T%20Post.jpg

I wouldn't buy at Lowes or any place like that though. Look and see if you have a metal place around that sells them. I think at Lowes they are around $4.50- $5 each, but at our metal place you can get them for about $3. When buying several, it can all really add up. ( don't know how many you are needing. the last time we bought posts we bought 450 of them
th.gif
)

Last edited:
I use landscaping timbers for posts here. Home Depot had a deal whee they were $1.50. We recently used them to add an extension onto our goat run. We dug down about 1ft, and cemented it in.

My dad doesn't think that the t-posts and u-posts are sturdy enough for chain-link fence, especially if we aren't using concrete in the holes. He and my husband went out today to look around and found cedar posts at a local lumber place for $5 each - we only need about eight of them. They are pointed at the end so that we can just pound them in without a post-hole digger. Thanks again for all the suggestions! So far, we've spent $110 total on the coop and run! And we shouldn't need to buy anything thing else
woot.gif

There are two ways to build a fence.

The right way, and the cheap way.

The thing about the cheap way is you will have to redo it in a few years.

Do it right, and it can last a lifetime

Back
Top Bottom