Fence to keep the ducks out

NamahKatana

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Oregon
So we are moving and near the house is a small decorative pond w/ waterfall. Well my ducks will be free range(I have two small indian runner mixes) and I don't want them to ruin it with their poo. Any one know of a small fence that will keep them out? It has to look nice but also keep them out. They can't fly.

I use portable dog exercise pens to keep my ducks out of my roses and fruit trees. If you want something that really looks nice, you can get picket fence in that white vinyl that never needs painting.

I have a small pond also and i use a dog Xpen to fence it in, so far none of my ducks have been in it but once i was cleaning it and my goose got in , he didn't get to stay in long enough to mess it up thank goodness.

So we are moving and near the house is a small decorative pond w/ waterfall. Well my ducks will be free range(I have two small indian runner mixes) and I don't want them to ruin it with their poo. Any one know of a small fence that will keep them out? It has to look nice but also keep them out. They can't fly.

I use a 2 ft. green vynal fence I get at HD The green blends in pretty good with grass. You could get some of the ornamental garden fence, but unless you hit a clearance, it could get pricey.... and it needs to be about 2-3 foot if they aren't inspired to fly over
D.gif

You can use the vinyl lattice pieces for fencing too, and it is pretty. You can paint it or get it in white or wood look. Cut the pcs in half and use something for posts to adhere it to and voila, a cute little fence.

Yep, the vinyl lattice at home depot comes in tall sheets and half sheets. All you need is a few posts (2x2 or 4x4) cut them down, paint with white oil based porch paint. A few U nails to secure the lattice to the post you have a fence. You can step over it easily, but the runners are kept out of the pond.

Back
Top Bottom