Fences and more for Free: The Wattle-Fence-Club

I have cut down the thinner sticks to the height of the fence itself, because those were bothering me too. As for the remaining ones, i won't cut the corner post, it is nice and sturdy and i hold on to it many times when i am exhausted and on the other's i may place some shiny flags or tape to scare away pesky birds who want to peck into my zucchinies…
It now looks like this:
full
That's better. 😜

I had a lot of shorter and thinner branches left over from the wattle-fence, so yesterday i decided to wattle a small retaining "wall" below the duck-pool, to stop the earth downhill from being eroded away. Katharina Duck, LeRoy Brown and Rusty Drake are evaluating my work:
full

The three puny shrubs below the new wall are my desperate attempt to grow some hazelnuts. They got flooded and trampled so often in the past that they grew so measly.
full

All the little twigs from cleaning the wattle-branches went into the back as drainage:
full

Today i filled up the area between the wattle-wall and the pool with five month old straw-compost, had the ducks remove the pesky worms and compact everything neatly and then spread some left over seeds from last year there, turnips, field-rape and alfalfa. The roots will tie everything neatly together and the greens will be a delight for the ducks.
I couldn't make any pictures though, i worked until it was too dark, but tomorrow…

Back
Top Bottom