Fencing off portion of creek...is it possible?

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
SW WA
I want ducks. I have a creek, but I'd like to have the ducks have access to part of the creek rather than wandering off. There's an elbow of the creek that is out of the current and would be perfect for ducks but I have no idea how I would put a fence in the water to keep the ducks there.

Is this something that's possible or wishful thinking? Here are some pictures of the area I'd like to use for the ducks and the creek.

I drew a red line where I'd like to put a fence. Maybe a cattle panel or something?

Last edited:
That is encouraging! What other materials do people use? I'm having trouble figuring out how to ancor the fencing down. I'll have to wait until the creek lowers before I can do this.

Yeah I didn't really do a good job of drawing the line, LOL. I'll try that! I might need to find a strong man to help me out :p

nah, I helped my dad sink a t-post when I was 8 or so. They have a tool for it. I just had trouble getting it up over it, so he got it most of the way down and I'd finish the last inch or few inches down with a hammer while he started the next one. I got tired pretty quick and just held it still while he started it into the ground. Course, I could lift a 30 or 40 lb saddle at 9 too.

I also got the suggestion of using 5 gallon buckets and putting the posts in there filled with concrete. This sound promising too!

You are probably going to have to get creative to find out what will work best. I would start with t posts in buckets of concrete like someone already suggested to you.
It sounds like a real cool project.

Cattle panels work well for this. We extend them into our pond to keep the horses, cows and donkeys from escaping along the pond edge. Unless they are willing to go swimming, that is. One set has been in place for 11 years. Good luck with your project!

Back
Top Bottom