Fermented barley and Guinea fowl

My chickens get a ton of kitchen scraps… fresh fruit and veggies and meat.
Plus they are in a 36 foot by 36foot enclosure and they do a lot of foraging in there. Now these are ready yet but I have mulberry trees growing near their yard so when it gets bigger they will have mulberries to eat also

Game birds like guineas need more than scraps, grains and a small free range area. Guineas are much more insectivorous than chickens and quails.They make a gamebird feed for a reason. It's not just marketing hokum. Add that the guineas are very young.... it's just not enough imo.

I would argue that even 20% protien is inadequate for a non free ranging guinea. 36x36ft is not a huge area for that many birds. I wouldn't consider that free ranging.

Most gamebird feeds are around the 28% protien mark.

Game birds like guineas need more than scraps, grains and a small free range area. Guineas are much more insectivorous than chickens and quails.They make a gamebird feed for a reason. It's not just marketing hokum. Add that the guineas are very young.... it's just not enough imo.

I would argue that even 20% protien is inadequate for a non free ranging guinea. 36x36ft is not a huge area for that many birds. I wouldn't consider that free ranging.

Most gamebird feeds are around the 28% protien mark.
That’s just my chickens in that area. The guineas will have 2 acres to roam after they are big enough where the don’t get picked off by predators. My chickens 13 hens and 2 Roos are In the 36x36. The guineas will be in a different coop with no fencing around the coop the only fencing they will deal with is my property fence.

Back
Top Bottom