Fermented feed Question

Yes I think that is my next project set up a gutter feeder I like the idea of them because everyone has a better chance of getting to eat. I can not believe how crazy they are about the FF you would think they had never eaten befor the way they attack it I doubt they will ever leave any of it, I love happy chickens now hoping to see if it will boost egg production.

Yes I think that is my next project set up a gutter feeder I like the idea of them because everyone has a better chance of getting to eat. I can not believe how crazy they are about the FF you would think they had never eaten befor the way they attack it I doubt they will ever leave any of it, I love happy chickens now hoping to see if it will boost egg production.
Oh mine attack me for it. Especially if I have been feeding dry because of the frigid temperatures.

Mine do too. Especially the cross beak roo. He absolutely worships "the Jar" The big mason jar I do the feed in. When he sees me coming with that jar he just goes nuts. So funny when he tries to crawl inside the jar ^_^

I need to make up some kind of feeder for them as well. I've been just putting it into a dog food bowl twice a day. But a piece of gutter would definitely work.

wanted to update everyone on the fermented feed and how it is going. I definitely see a huge difference in my hens I had a record breaking 10 eggs today. My banty EEs are each laying two eggs a day WOW!! There Egg shells have gone from being extremely porous to nice healthy and thick (I have eggs in the bator so I have candled eggs from two different weeks. I have been mixing layer, oats, whole corn, cracked corn and beet pulp. My hens seem so much happier and healthier and I have been going through less feed. I am loving this ff.

wanted to update everyone on the fermented feed and how it is going. I definitely see a huge difference in my hens I had a record breaking 10 eggs today. My banty EEs are each laying two eggs a day WOW!! There Egg shells have gone from being extremely porous to nice healthy and thick (I have eggs in the bator so I have candled eggs from two different weeks. I have been mixing layer, oats, whole corn, cracked corn and beet pulp. My hens seem so much happier and healthier and I have been going through less feed. I am loving this ff.
Going through less feed is probably THE biggest plus for me. But all the other stuff makes FF the only way to go as well. They just seem so much brighter and healthier all the way around. Dont' they?

Going through less feed is probably THE biggest plus for me. But all the other stuff makes FF the only way to go as well. They just seem so much brighter and healthier all the way around. Dont' they?

yes very much so there feathers are coming in nice and full and the cochin I have is having less of a poopy butt look

Good afternoon!

We feed our ladies beet pulp fermented with whey and they love it. The beet pulp has the molassis in it. Overnight, we soak it in a warm to hot water and then add about 2-3 cups of whey left over from our raw milk. It is loaded with aminos, minerals and vitamins. ...If they need a bit more protein in the coldest of the winter i mix leftover bacon grease into the mixture after it is all soaked. We also feed them crushed oyster shell & we save all the egg shells, crushing them & mixing them into the feed to keep their laying up. You can also go to your grocery store in the winter for greens. Call the produce department manager & ask him to set aside a chicken box for you and he will load it up will all the produce they "clean out" daily. You'll be shocked at how much they throw out that is good stuff ~ only a little brusied, most of it is even good to keep in the home. You call first thing in the am & it should be ready in the late afternoon. Good luck & happy farming!

Back
Top Bottom