Fermented feed?

So anyone know about how much to feed each chicken of the fermented feed? I think the link above said maybe a cup per chicken? It says whatever they can eat in about 30 minutes. So is feeding them once a day fine? I would be nervous about am I feeding them enough or not.

I feed them in the morning, and if their crops are empty in the evening, after they've been out for free range, I give them some more. Others fill the feeder, and if it's empty in the afternoon, give them a bit more to tie them over. Still others, let their birds range for the day, then feed them before they go to roost. There are plenty of ways to do it, and no one way is wrong. Got a dog? Same concept. Eventually, you know how much he needs.

How long have you been fermenting? What is your temperature? If it's hot, your birds are going to have loose poo b/c the only way they can cool down is to drink more.

Only about two weeks, but off and on (one batch of whole grain and one batch of regular feed). It's very hot and dry here. But the poo was definitely more solid earlier in the summer when it was even more hot than it is now. Maybe they are just adjusting?

Back
Top Bottom