Fermented feed

On a 3 day cycle you would have 3 batches going at once. So you have 3 days worth of feed going at a time.

Depending on the type of feed you start with, your container may need to hold up to 4 times the volume of the dry feed when wet. Some feeds swell up more than others when you add water. Keep this in mind when starting a batch and selecting container size.

I would not feed anything that's been sitting past day 5.

Alright, thank you. I started my first batch tonight it’s going to be a trial run to see how it goes so I did 12 cups of feed to 12 cups of water in a 5 gallon bucket. My understanding is that if I want my birds to have the full benefits of the fermented feed I need to wait 3 days before giving it to them? I’ll probably do another batch tomorrow as well.

Alright, thank you. I started my first batch tonight it’s going to be a trial run to see how it goes so I did 12 cups of feed to 12 cups of water in a 5 gallon bucket. My understanding is that if I want my birds to have the full benefits of the fermented feed I need to wait 3 days before giving it to them? I’ll probably do another batch tomorrow as well.

A trial run is definitely good. It will help you figure out how much feed you will need to ferment in a batch. If they eat it all and seem to need more, you can always give them some dry feed late in the day. Hopefully all your birds like it!

A trial run is definitely good. It will help you figure out how much feed you will need to ferment in a batch. If they eat it all and seem to need more, you can always give them some dry feed late in the day. Hopefully all your birds like it!
Thanks, I usually give my birds eight cups of feed so I’m hoping the extra 4 will get me three days of feed. I’m sure they’ll love it... I hope.

Back
Top Bottom