fermented feed

Mckaykay

Chirping
Apr 19, 2021
I have 15 chickens, 3 turkeys and 1 duck
My duck is 3 months old
Turkeys 2 months
Chickens range in age from 1 months-3 months
Right now I can fill up a 7lb Feeder (with dry feed ) and that will last 2 days. When I feed them fermantaded feed its it feels like I'm starving them because they eat the feed so fast . Any tips?

I would wager that what you're seeing is simply enthusiasm, plus fermented feed is already broken down, so it's easier/faster to eat. How much are you feeding them at one time on the fermented? Probably not 3.5 lbs? I feel it's always best to allow them 24/7 access to dry feed, then you don't have to worry about it. There's a chart here somewhere that tells you how to examine your chickens for a healthy weight....

Mine eat the fermented like there's no tomorrow too. They also have dry feed 24/7. I have 5 hens and ferment 3/4 cup of feed to split in half every day. I add garlic red pepper also and dry wheat or oats too.

I began feeding my girls fermented feed about a month ago. They loved it. I was really surprised as I didn't know what to expect, but there has been so much conversation about the benefits of fermented feed. I followed all the instructions carefully. I just gave them a second round of it, and again, they loved it as well. I'm not sure how often to do this, so I think I'll space it out over a few months.

Back
Top Bottom