FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Quote:
I used it initially, but only because I already had it from before I started fermenting. I'm not buying any more of it though. I will be starting my first chicks on by the weekend hopefully. I just put the incubator on lockdown and Friday is Day 21.
fl.gif

You're giving me faith with this response to the mold thing. Mine was quite fuzzy this morning.

As to the vet thing. We never even used a vet for cats, dogs or horses when I was growing up, much less poultry, hogs or cattle.
They made it or they didn't. That said, after finding a rare breed I searched long and hard for, I took an egg bound pullet to a vet when she had a relapse after I successfully got her to release one.
The vet was virtually worthless and a waste of time and money.
Unlike many areas, we actually have at least 4 good avian vets and 2 with poultry experience. That's quite rare.

I understand there are a lot of pet chicken people here, and they do make good urban backyard pets.
I have had a lot of chickens I've been very fond of.  On the other hand, I've always considered them livestock and if they didn't make me breakfast AND dinner, as well as provide fertilizer, I wouldn't own one.

Next time take a picture and post it? I have never had a layer of mold- just a wee little on the sides from time to time if the kids forget to scrape them.

Back
Top Bottom