FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Pics
In fact talking to DH today.......would love to hug your neck after such a long time!

th.gif
REALLY?????? No way!!!! Oh, if you'd only come!!! What a day that would be!!!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif
yesss.gif
highfive.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
Doin' the bunny butt dance over that!!!! The ol' Bat and I would LOVE for you to come. We never get enough visitors and this place is perfect for visitors! Quiet, peaceful, pretty and very basic. Not one fancy thing in the whole place, which makes folks feel a whole lot better about their own houses!
big_smile.png

How would you like to come and do apple butter in a big ol' copper kettle? We have apples for the first time here in abundance and we plan to do some apple butter.

We could have a weeny roast afterward and we'd do Mom's famous Coney Island hot dog sauce and maybe even make it from ground venison if someone blesses us with a deer by then!

Homemade bread, venison, taters, eggs, apple butter and maybe even a big ol' peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream, cause God blessed us with peaches for the first time this year too!

Last edited:
oh wow can I come to?
wink.png
celebrate.gif

Me too? It never cools off enough down here! And it would be so fun to talk with people who love chickens as much as I do.
big_smile.png
We should have a convoy!
wink.png

You guys, I'd simply LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for a group of nice, intelligent chicken ladies to come for a visit.
celebrate.gif
The more the merrier!!!! If you only could we could have such a good time! It would be like taking a step back in time, I tell ya, because we have no TV, very little cell service, no noise except nature, no visitors, nothing but peace and quiet and simple things. We could play cards, talk ourselves hoarse, eat good foods(simple country fare)~we make the most addictive popcorn EVER, go to sleep when we want, get up when we want, take a walk, sit and read a book if you'd rather, have fellowship and worship the Lord all day long like some big ol' summer camp!

I'm serious, folks...the wood fire on a cold day here feels like sitting in the hand of God. The Ol' Bat and I just sit and marvel over how He has blessed us in this place and how good it all feels. We'd like nothing better than to share that with others!
hugs.gif
Come!!!! Make a trip, see some sights, visit a Bee and a Bat!

I promise you this...you'll laugh so hard ya pee yourself! Cause that's how we roll....
cool.png

Last edited:
:th REALLY??????  No way!!!!  Oh, if you'd only come!!!  What a day that would be!!!!  :weee    :celebrate    :love    :clap    :weee    :jumpy   :cd    :yiipchick    :woot :yesss:   :highfive:   :bun   :bun   :bun   Doin' the bunny butt dance over that!!!!  The ol' Bat and I would LOVE for you to come.  We never get enough visitors and this place is perfect for visitors!  Quiet, peaceful, pretty and very basic.  Not one fancy thing in the whole place, which makes folks feel a whole lot better about their own houses!  :D  

How would you like to come and do apple butter in a big ol' copper kettle?  We have apples for the first time here in abundance and we plan to do some apple butter. 

We could have a weeny roast afterward and we'd do Mom's famous Coney Island hot dog sauce and maybe even make it from ground venison if someone blesses us with a deer by then! 

Homemade bread, venison, taters, eggs, apple butter and maybe even a big ol' peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream, cause God blessed us with peaches for the first time this year too! 

With talk about food like that, Bee.. You may just have another visitor knocking at your door ! :D

th.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif
yesss.gif
highfive.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
Doin' the bunny butt dance over that!!!! The ol' Bat and I would LOVE for you to come. We never get enough visitors and this place is perfect for visitors! Quiet, peaceful, pretty and very basic. Not one fancy thing in the whole place, which makes folks feel a whole lot better about their own houses!
big_smile.png

How would you like to come and do apple butter in a big ol' copper kettle? We have apples for the first time here in abundance and we plan to do some apple butter.

oh yum now I'm hungry.
tongue.png
Man I sure wish we were getting apples! I have planted a tree here over 20 years ago now and it's just there no apples yet. Planted another one beside it, still no apples. :( It finally fell over but the other one is STILL there. It came from an elderly couple where we used to live before here and I hate to cut it down. She said that original apple tree came from Alabama. It NEEDS tilling up around it because it is trying to grow in soil as hard as concrete I do believe.
roll.png
Cows used to roam this land and the soil is hard hard hard. OK I love venison, eggs, and maybe a few tators but not many and a weenie would be nice please. ;-)

You guys, I'd simply LOVE, LOVE, LOVE for a group of nice, intelligent chicken ladies to come for a visit.
celebrate.gif
The more the merrier!!!! If you only could we could have such a good time! It would be like taking a step back in time, I tell ya, because we have no TV, very little cell service, no noise except nature, no visitors, nothing but peace and quiet and simple things. We could play cards, talk ourselves hoarse, eat good foods(simple country fare)~we make the most addictive popcorn EVER, go to sleep when we want, get up when we want, take a walk, sit and read a book if you'd rather, have fellowship and worship the Lord all day long like some big ol' summer camp!

I'm serious, folks...the wood fire on a cold day here feels like sitting in the hand of God. The Ol' Bat and I just sit and marvel over how He has blessed us in this place and how good it all feels. We'd like nothing better than to share that with others!
hugs.gif

I promise you this...you'll laugh so hard ya pee yourself! Cause that's how we roll....
cool.png

oh man it DOES sound awesome for sure! LOVE simple and God has really blessed us as well but we also live simple maybe not as simple as some do but simple and I like it that way. NO TV WOW I love THAT even more!!! Speaking of nature, I'm hearing a cow now so I am thinking my brother in law just took a calf from it's Mom from the sound of it. We're sort of surrounded by family. lol

With talk about food like that, Bee.. You may just have another visitor knocking at your door !
big_smile.png

Come on!! The more the merrier! Just think what we could all get up to!
big_smile.png

oh yum now I'm hungry.
tongue.png
Man I sure wish we were getting apples! I have planted a tree here over 20 years ago now and it's just there no apples yet. Planted another one beside it, still no apples. :( It finally fell over but the other one is STILL there. It came from an elderly couple where we used to live before here and I hate to cut it down. She said that original apple tree came from Alabama. It NEEDS tilling up around it because it is trying to grow in soil as hard as concrete I do believe.
roll.png
Cows used to roam this land and the soil is hard hard hard. OK I love venison, eggs, and maybe a few tators but not many and a weenie would be nice please. ;-)

These apple trees are 15 yrs old and this is the first year they've ever had more than a few apples on them....same with the peaches. The squirrels always got to them before they even ripened because there were so few. Now we've got a bumper crop of big ol' red apples and we had to prop up the branches on the peach trees, but one STILL broke off. First time we ever got to even see those peaches ripened and know what kind they were!

Personally, I think it was all the chicken manure that has been spread all over this land for the last 2 years....
cool.png
gig.gif
Not really...I know exactly what it is~God has poured out a blessing on this land, pure and simple. No getting around that fact, because these trees bearing after all these years is just a pure-D miracle!

With talk about food like that, Bee.. You may just have another visitor knocking at your door !
big_smile.png
I know right, DH and I laughed so hard, we want to be included as well. And if no one bags a deer for Bee, DH says he will be happy to get it for the gathering!

oh yum now I'm hungry.
tongue.png
roll.png
My daughters and I just went apple picking. We got about 75 lbs or so, so we are busy making apples sauce, pies, and processing some of it for tarts and such too.

Come on!! The more the merrier! Just think what we could all get up to!
big_smile.png

These apple trees are 15 yrs old and this is the first year they've ever had more than a few apples on them....same with the peaches. The squirrels always got to them before they even ripened because there were so few. Now we've got a bumper crop of big ol' red apples and we had to prop up the branches on the peach trees, but one STILL broke off. First time we ever got to even see those peaches ripened and know what kind they were!

Personally, I think it was all the chicken manure that has been spread all over this land for the last 2 years....
cool.png
gig.gif
Not really...I know exactly what it is~God has poured out a blessing on this land, pure and simple. No getting around that fact, because these trees bearing after all these years is just a pure-D miracle!

We just planted 3 apple trees last year. So they are still young, we got flowers this year, but picked them off. We want the roots to get a good chance to grow. Get a good foundation going. Hoping in the next year we will see the trees grow nicely. I need to learn more about the trees needs and wants, so I can make the land provide for them. I've been told to spray this and spray that 3x a year some 4 times a year. I don't want to use chemicals, so trying to find a good sound way without. So far just watering and providing compost a couple of times, spring and fall, and watering. The Meaties are going to be out in that area so hoping that will help things along too. We have lots of clay soil here, so amend amend amend. Heck I may need to get more chickens for all the compost I am needing lol!

celebrate.gif

hugs.gif

cool.png

th.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif
yesss.gif
highfive.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
big_smile.png

yesss.gif
DH knows you are one of my favorite people on here! Man that would be so awesome. Sounds like heaven to me. I am glad the Lord has blessed you with a wonderful crop this year!
big_smile.png

th.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
love.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif
yesss.gif
highfive.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
big_smile.png

We are going to mapquest it out tonight to see which way to go.....I get so darned lost so easy....I have to make it simple.....I'm trying really hard! You are too funny with all the little animated thingies up top.....
lau.gif
love.gif
Love you BF

Back
Top Bottom