FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Hi all! Finally on day 17 of incubating - so excited!!! So as was suggested here I went ahead and started my very first batch of fermented feed for the new chicks that will hatch this weekend. As these will be my first chicks EVER it was also the first time I opened a feed bag. It was like opening a present! LOL! How weird is that!? Okay hopefully you won't think my excitement is too 'out there'
wink.png

So I shot a quick video so that I can get any feedback on consistency? Can you all take a quick gander and let me know if you think I should add more feed? I was aiming for that peanut butter type thickness that I've read. Definitely gonna need a bigger jar. This 1 gallon thing may be hard to scoop out of
hmm.png

Thanks in advance for your help!!! Much appreciated!!

0.jpg
LOOKS PERFECT!!! Let us know how they like it! What brand of feed is it?

LOOKS PERFECT!!! Let us know how they like it! What brand of feed is it?

It's Scratch and Peck Naturally Free starter!! OHHHHH just saw that's what you're feeding too!!! But your girls don't like it!?? Oh no!! That worries me... hmmmm I wonder what that's about... definitely going to be watching to see what others say about that...

Hello All. Another update on the FF dog food, if you want.

Both dogs are now officially driving me NUTS!!!!
gig.gif
They both just sit and stare at their bowls. My pittie jumps up on me so much when I am carrying the bowls of food to where I feed them, it's crazy. He has NEVER really cared about his food. He would eat a little bit then leave. Go back later and eat a little bit more. Eventually, by nighttime, he would have eaten 4 cups of food. Now, he gobbles the ff down so fast then goes back to the container, looking for more. WEIRD!!!! They are both doing great, a lot more energy (Bella, the airedale, was never lacking for energy, though)! Obie, the pitbull, is around 9 years old and acting like a total goofball now. His coat is shiny and he is putting on a little bit of weight, which I think he needed. Bella used to go out hunting and not worry about being fed inside. Now, she just sits and stares at the bowl at 10:00am (feeding time).
idunno.gif

I have to think that ff dog food is just the best!!!!
clap.gif
wee.gif
love.gif

Hello All. Another update on the FF dog food, if you want.

Both dogs are now officially driving me NUTS!!!!
gig.gif
They both just sit and stare at their bowls. My pittie jumps up on me so much when I am carrying the bowls of food to where I feed them, it's crazy. He has NEVER really cared about his food. He would eat a little bit then leave. Go back later and eat a little bit more. Eventually, by nighttime, he would have eaten 4 cups of food. Now, he gobbles the ff down so fast then goes back to the container, looking for more. WEIRD!!!! They are both doing great, a lot more energy (Bella, the airedale, was never lacking for energy, though)! Obie, the pitbull, is around 9 years old and acting like a total goofball now. His coat is shiny and he is putting on a little bit of weight, which I think he needed. Bella used to go out hunting and not worry about being fed inside. Now, she just sits and stares at the bowl at 10:00am (feeding time).
idunno.gif

I have to think that ff dog food is just the best!!!!
clap.gif
wee.gif
love.gif

Can you tell me how you ferment the dog food? Do you actually ferment it, or just poor scobey over it? What dog food do you use? I want to try this for my dog and my dd dog. DD's dog is getting older and has a rod in her hip from run in with a car years ago. She is getting stiff. want to see if ff would help her some.

Can you tell me how you ferment the dog food? Do you actually ferment it, or just poor scobey over it? What dog food do you use? I want to try this for my dog and my dd dog. DD's dog is getting older and has a rod in her hip from run in with a car years ago. She is getting stiff. want to see if ff would help her some.

I use Diamond Lamb and Rice Formula for Adult Dogs. I started the ff just like I did for my chickens. A little glug of ACV with mother and warm water then add the dog food. Left it for a couple or 3 days then started feeding it to them. They both have gone plumb stupid over this food!!! It doesn't totally smell sour like the chicken's feed but it does have a bit of the sour smell. Started it just as a test in a small container but am going to have to go big or leave 'cause they'll eat me up!
lau.gif
They really love it!!

OH, AND THE BEST PART OF ALL.........no more smelly toxic farts!!!
ya.gif

I am using 4health fish grain free formula. It stinks to high heaven, but the dogs are eating it. It's just so messy though. We'll have to do it for a lot longer to see if it has any effects on them.

I was using the 4health lamb and rice but something in it was driving my pitbull crazy because of an allergy. Still haven't figured out what it was. Bought some off-brand dog treats the other day and they did the same thing to him. Got so bad with the food that I was taking him to the vet once a month to get anti-allergy shots. Benedryl wouldn't touch it (4 at a time for his size). Since I changed his food and started fermenting it, he is sooooo much better!!! Thought it was a grass allergy but not with 2' of snow on the ground! Finally figured out it had to be the food. Really felt bad that I had put him through that for so long, thinking I was giving him something good for him. Oh, well, live and learn.

My favorite feed for dogs is a plain food of : yams and turkey. nothing else .. going to try to FF it see what happens. They got into the FF of the chickens. I left the dish out ... DAM DOGS ... well they fart Scratch & Peck ...not a nice smell for a dog.

Back
Top Bottom