FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Sorry for thinking the threads were geared toward helping people instead of wasting people's time to boost your ego. My mistake. Please forgive me for trying to think of a way to improve something that people were complaining about.
Well, I'm a relative newcomer here, not only to BYC, but also to raising chickens. My chicks will arrive tomorrow. I have not read this entire thread, I've read the first 4 or 5 pages, and the last 4 or 5 pages. I find all the info here invaluable, and plan on implementing it as soon as the chicks get here. Yes, it's a long thread, and as soon as I have a little more time (after the run and coop are finished!) I plan on reading it from start to finish. I have not seen any complaints from anyone, but I haven't read the whole thread (yet). If you don't want to read the whole thing, what is forcing you? Most people are trying to get all the info they can.

Close the thread????? Why in the world would we close the thread?????
th.gif
Two plus years of work on a thread and folks want to close it?

Here's a suggestion....go out there, start an informative thread, contribute to it for a couple of years, fight off all the trolls, repeat the same info ad nauseum for all the newbies and those who don't want to have to read, search for and paste pertinent links to the thread, keep a loose record of all the feedback so you can repeat for newbies all the benefits folks have reported from using the information, and keep it going as long as possible so that it stays popped up in the "Recent Discussions" portion of the forum so that people can find it.....

...then close it down. Yeah...that's a great culmination of all that effort. Sure...close it down. Just so folks won't have to read the big bad thread.

Gee, if we work real hard we can just start a new thread on the same topic every 20 pages so that we can keep the attention span of the children and they won't have to look hard to find the information therein. Of course, it would be hard to find just which 20 page thread on that topic had the pertinent info one is looking for, but so what? It's only 20 pages per section, so it will be easy to skim.....

Close it down??????
smack.gif

Might as well if this is all that it comes down to...work done for those who don't appreciate it any more than to suggest it be closed down so they can have shorter threads. Only problem with that, who is going to start, maintain and build up these shorter, more efficient threads for the masses?

It won't be me. I hope it's one of the folks who want to close down the big threads because I'd like to see them do a better thread. I'm all eager to learn how to keep a thread from getting big~ while still holding interesting, informative and useful dialogue.
pop.gif
Go go 'em, Bee. The most negative suggestion on all the threads. Insulting too.
somad.gif

goodpost.gif

why is it ? that those that don't contribute anything but negative comments , seem to want to close down threads that provide meaningful, hard earned experience for the benefits of all BYCer's new or old !

r they just trolls or what?

maybe they just post whatever pops into their head, so as to post "something "to see their post count climb

Pete, that's it exactly.
sad.png

Well, I'm a relative newcomer here, not only to BYC, but also to raising chickens. My chicks will arrive tomorrow. I have not read this entire thread, I've read the first 4 or 5 pages, and the last 4 or 5 pages. I find all the info here invaluable, and plan on implementing it as soon as the chicks get here. Yes, it's a long thread, and as soon as I have a little more time (after the run and coop are finished!) I plan on reading it from start to finish. I have not seen any complaints from anyone, but I haven't read the whole thread (yet). If you don't want to read the whole thing, what is forcing you? Most people are trying to get all the info they can.

Yea, carnivore.
welcome-byc.gif
Research is your friend.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom