FERMENTED FEEDS...anyone using them?

Think of the motives of such an article and it will all become clear.  For one, there is a push for population control going on by the powers that move things behind the puppets who speak.  Healthier foods are just not on their agenda for the general populace...they wish us to die.  Then the mention of a doctor.  Doctors used to be people who got into that profession to heal people and help the community stay healthy, but now they are in it for money....pure and simple.  If people are healthier, profits dive.  Even if just a few people are healthier and tell a few others and those few tell others, it could start a wave....much like our fermented feed wave has started articles~and trolling on the FF threads, I might add~ from those on the payroll of feed companies to try and scare people off feeding this to their flocks.  A decrease in feed consumption?????  That means less sales!!!!!  :barnie

Don't think it isn't happening, folks, and I'm not a bit crazy.  I called the bluff on just such a person on the other FF thread and it was obvious I had hit the mark as they just went silent.  But he'll be back when he thinks we've forgotten, to try and start a new group of newbies into a panic over feeding "moldy" feeds.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the feed companies are starting to add "probiotics" to their feeds now to try and compete.  They weren't there before and they are there now....and you think they don't monitor the biggest poultry site on the internet?  Of course they do...this is their target market.  Just like when they started increasing protein percentages in laying rations when they noticed people were trying to mix their own feeds to increase proteins in an attempt to get more eggs.  It's all market research and development. 

As always, follow the money. 

Yes. Always, ALWAYS follow the money. Especially for human pharmaceuticals and anything else they want to stick into us.

So when I ferment I put water and acv....do I need to keep adding acv every time I do new batch? There is never any water or anything left if bucket at end...

No. When you get down to about a single serving of feed, backslop and refresh {add new feed and water}. The previous batch starts the new, which should be ready overnight at inside room temps.

Last edited:
I've done it and they eat it much like chicks, but with much, much more head slinging of FF.....they prefer it pretty dry and they have to have a lot of water, which then makes the water really ick because they are rinsing off the feed into it. I tried nipple buckets with the ducklings but they weren't getting enough water that way...at all...even had a few die of what I considered was dehydration from lack of enough water due to the nipple bucket.

I'd venture to say that ducks would do much better with fermented whole grains than they would actual processed feed. Later on, as adults, they did very well on the fermented layer mash where the grains were bigger.

If I were going to do it all over again I'd mix their mix much dryer even than I had done. The dirty water seems to be a fact of life with ducklings, so just make the receptacle deep enough for them to swim in as well so all the feed particles sink to the bottom and they have the best of both worlds...water and swimming opportunities.

I am currently feeding the adults FF. I have 20 juvenile birds that will not eat FF. I have tried switching them to it several times. Any tips on how to get them to eat it? THANKS

I am currently feeding the adults FF. I have 20 juvenile birds that will not eat FF. I have tried switching them to it several times. Any tips on how to get them to eat it? THANKS

Keep a dryer mix on your FF, remove all other options and just wait. They will eventually eat it..... and then love it and attack you for more of it. After that you'll have a hard time getting them to even look at dry feed again.

Last edited:
So when I ferment I put water and acv....do I need to keep adding acv every time I do new batch? There is never any water or anything left if bucket at end...
If you start with a bit of ACV, that's fine though not really necessary and not necessary to continue.

Don't give them any other option. They won't starve themselves they will start eating it. My young ones did...
X2

Back
Top Bottom