Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Quote: Sorry TT. Just assumed that everyone would know.

OT (in this context) is Old Timers. Refferring to the "Chickens for 10-20 years?" thread. It can also mean Off Topic.
CSU is Chicken State University
SOP is Standard of Perfection. Referring to a manual that gives info regarding the original strains of breeds. The chicks we get from hatcheries are no where close to the originals.

Sorry TT. Just assumed that everyone would know.

OT (in this context) is Old Timers. Refferring to the "Chickens for 10-20 years?" thread. It can also mean Off Topic.
CSU is Chicken State University
SOP is Standard of Perfection. Referring to a manual that gives info regarding the original strains of breeds. The chicks we get from hatcheries are no where close to the originals.

colburg,
Try the Heritage Large Fowl thread. I know Walt is on that one.

How many of you guys keep your FF inside this winter? If you have a big flock, it may not be convenient. We built a little closet in the barn, insulated it all through and heat it to 75F.

Heat hasn't escaped. It has been working so great for us.

Here is our handy dandy FF dolly :D My birds will not move out of my way when they see this coming. It means it is feeding time, and they LOVE it.

How many of you guys keep your FF inside this winter? If you have a big flock, it may not be convenient. We built a little closet in the barn, insulated it all through and heat it to 75F.

Heat hasn't escaped. It has been working so great for us.

Here is our handy dandy FF dolly :D My birds will not move out of my way when they see this coming. It means it is feeding time, and they LOVE it.
Great ideas aoxa, mine is in the bathroom downstairs right now so the only drawback would be if we had unexpected company, they might not like the smell of the ff in their bathroom, but you have to lift the lid to smell it. But if i had as many birds as you I'd have to figure another setup out side.

Great ideas aoxa, mine is in the bathroom downstairs right now so the only drawback would be if we had unexpected company, they might not like the smell of the ff in their bathroom, but you have to lift the lid to smell it. But if i had as many birds as you I'd have to figure another setup out side.
My barn is also quite the walk from my house, so I would not want to drag that down every morning. The dolly helps immensely. I just love it. The strap keeps it attached, and I don't have to worry about the buckets coming apart. If I just took the top bucket, I would have to set it down while feeding.. I've done that.. Set it right in the litter. I had to wash it off after. Not my idea of an easy feeding.

I had to feed dry again today. -16.6F with wind chill this morning. Tomorrow it is going to be 33F!
yesss.gif
Time to go swimin'!
lol.. Only kidding.. It's too cold for even hot tub weather right now.

My barn is also quite the walk from my house, so I would not want to drag that down every morning. The dolly helps immensely. I just love it. The strap keeps it attached, and I don't have to worry about the buckets coming apart. If I just took the top bucket, I would have to set it down while feeding.. I've done that.. Set it right in the litter. I had to wash it off after. Not my idea of an easy feeding.

I had to feed dry again today. -16.6F with wind chill this morning. Tomorrow it is going to be 33F!
yesss.gif
Time to go swimin'!
lol.. Only kidding.. It's too cold for even hot tub weather right now.
Hot tub? too cold for who you or the water fowl?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom