Fermenting Feed for Meat Birds

Where do you find the specifics on dry hatch incubation?
Good morning all, got some good news today.    My very first hatch is now up to 10 babies out of 12 at lockdown.   I'm going to start them tomorrow on FF but still a chance of more.  This is day 21.  I've done a dry hatch, like Beekissed suggested, and kept humidity at 35%-45%   It's now about 55%.   After getting out of the shell they are quiet and contented.    I bought super blue egg layers from DMRippy.  Crested Cream Legbar Roo over White or EXch. leghorns.  Laying machines of blue eggs.  I'm so impressed last night I reordered.  She packed so well, not a scratch coming from TN or so to La. Not sure.    These are the eggs that on day 1, I had in the storeroom (uninsulated) and temps spiked up to 110.  Everybody said dead.  But I was hoping.   I brought in the house and they are fine.   I'm so happy about this.   My family is not really on board  with the chickens and I'm hearing "I told her she couldn't do it"      Last laugh    :lau
I also have 14 chickens 3 mo old next week.  13 pullets that I think I will sell at POL.    Give me plenty of room for blue eggs. 

Hello I have been following the thread for a couple of weeks now and decided to go ahead and start feeding my birds FF. I have mostly dual purpose birds that are roughly 14 weeks old. I chose to start with the grower feed and BOSS. I used UPACV to kick start my ferment. I'm on day 5 now. Have noticed a dramatic difference in how much feed they are eating. All I can say is THANK YOU! My 14 birds were going through a 50# bag of feed every 2-3 weeks(and of course wasting some of that)! They all love their new food(they all look like people after a huge buffet meal after breakfast now, it is hilarious)!

Hello I have been following the thread for a couple of weeks now and decided to go ahead and start feeding my birds FF. I have mostly dual purpose birds that are roughly 14 weeks old. I chose to start with the grower feed and BOSS. I used UPACV to kick start my ferment. I'm on day 5 now. Have noticed a dramatic difference in how much feed they are eating. All I can say is THANK YOU! My 14 birds were going through a 50# bag of feed every 2-3 weeks(and of course wasting some of that)! They all love their new food(they all look like people after a huge buffet meal after breakfast now, it is hilarious)!

That's what it does!!!
tongue.png
Happy satisfied flock!!

Good morning all, got some good news today. My very first hatch is now up to 10 babies out of 12 at lockdown. I'm going to start them tomorrow on FF but still a chance of more. This is day 21. I've done a dry hatch, like Beekissed suggested, and kept humidity at 35%-45% It's now about 55%. After getting out of the shell they are quiet and contented. I bought super blue egg layers from DMRippy. Crested Cream Legbar Roo over White or EXch. leghorns. Laying machines of blue eggs. I'm so impressed last night I reordered. She packed so well, not a scratch coming from TN or so to La. Not sure. These are the eggs that on day 1, I had in the storeroom (uninsulated) and temps spiked up to 110. Everybody said dead. But I was hoping. I brought in the house and they are fine. I'm so happy about this. My family is not really on board with the chickens and I'm hearing "I told her she couldn't do it" Last laugh
lau.gif

I also have 14 chickens 3 mo old next week. 13 pullets that I think I will sell at POL. Give me plenty of room for blue eggs.

Whoo WHoo!!! Congratulations!!! What are you going to feed the chicks? layer mash or chick feed. Didn't Bee just feed hers layermash?

Whoo WHoo!!! Congratulations!!! What are you going to feed the chicks? layer mash or chick feed. Didn't Bee just feed hers layermash?

I believe that she mostly did that with a little scratch.
My 11 babies are outside in a bigger area under the trees by the house. I may just fortify the utility cart and put the heat lamp by it and leave them out.

I believe that she mostly did that with a little scratch.
My 11 babies are outside in a bigger area under the trees by the house. I may just fortify the utility cart and put the heat lamp by it and leave them out.

Ok Thanks! I may go back and research the ff thread to see what she said. My scratch has some big chucks of corn in it. I don't want the chicks to choke.

Great, another ff convert, and I know your birds are happy campers! :)

Back
Top Bottom