Fermenting feed questions

Deleon98

Songster
Dec 26, 2015
Florida
Can you leave fermented feed for them out all day or is it something thats only like one serving per bird per day? what kind of container do i ferment the feed in? while the food is fermentig do i cover the container or leave it completely open?

Ok thank you i just wanted to test it out
1f601.png
1f423.png
1f414.png

Ok thank you i just wanted to test it out
1f601.png
1f423.png
1f414.png
That's a very long but a very knowledgeable thread. Definitely read it if you can. Ill answer some of your questions. Different people do it different ways. I use three plastic containers. Start one ,one day, the second the next, and the third next. The following day the first container should be ready. I only feed in the evening and take up before they roost. Do now screw the lid down on the containers because it will blow up. It needs air. I just put the lid barely on.

I've been feeding fermented feed for a couple of years. I use two five gallon buckets, to keep a supply going. They're loosely covered and kept where the temp is warm like a kitchen or garage in summer.

I feed twice a day. The chickens usually eat all they need within an hour or so. It will dry out in hot weather after much longer than that or freeze in cold weather if left too long.

Most of us feed half a cup of FF per bird per day, give or take depending on the size of the bird. My large breeds eat more. Very small birds, less.

Back
Top Bottom