FERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
OH ... it's happened already! I picked up the last two chicks, out of the bator and into the transporting box .... This little nut jumped up out of my hand, and landed on the floor! Geez ... I was frantic. Didn't appear to be harmed in any way, and just walked away.
barnie.gif

Okay, okay. Now I'm going to have to think about getting a barred rock and naming it Barbara! Good gosh, there's going to be hundreds of Barbaras on here soon and we'll have to start a new category called "The Barbaras", and chat about our Barbaras, LOL. Then, Barbara eggs are going to be auctioned off and the Barbara owners are going to make some egg money. Then there will be hundreds more Barbaras...............

Here she is ... Holly! This is Fern's first baby, and Ivy's first grandchick! Is this not typical of the family .... squawking already! She's tellin' Polly off. Polly (short for Polyester) is daughter of Suede and Meg. (If Polly turns out to be a he, the name will change to Cord which is short for corduroy). LOL I've already decided Holly is female, so that's that!

31282_12-24-09_hatch_dels_suedes_100.jpg

31282_12-24-09_hatch_dels_suedes_130.jpg

Quote:
Speckledhen, It's your roos who throw the sex of the chicks so figure out who your girl producers are if that's what you're after
smile.png
I have many sisters, no brothers, and we used to tease my Dad about it
wink.png
...much to his dismay....

Between Fern and Barbara, I have a new understanding of my BR pullet that wanders around the yard and is NEVER where I expect her to be! She sure is good at keeping our dogs and cats in line, but she hasn't told me her name yet. I am still waiting....

Back
Top Bottom