FERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the 6 Orps I hatched from batch # 2. So, that makes 12 Orps! 2 of these guys are absolutely huge, like the Splash in the first lot! They are all here, just waiting for the Suede babies to hatch and join in!

2-13-10OrpsBuckeyeshatch002.jpg

2-13-10OrpsBuckeyeshatch011.jpg

Those little tanks are almost always cockerels, but my Smoky had me fooled for much longer than most. We all thought she was a cockerel with her huge tree-trunk legs and stubby tail. She was just a teaser, was all.

Quote:
Wait..what? She's BLUE??? **scrambles back through all the post for pics of Athena** Well shoooot!! So she is!! Silly me!
lol.png
I could have sworn I recalled you calling her a splash. DOH! Oh well, she's still more than welcome to join our happy little family here.
wink.png

And Death By Chocolate is still on the auction block!!
gig.gif
Heck! I'll even make it TWO DBC's for Athena! Throw in Luna and I'll make it FIVE!!! How 'bout that Beth? Can ya top FIVE Death By Chocolate desserts??
lau.gif
(pssst!! Hey Cetawin...if it means that much to Thor, I'll even throw in a box of Marie Calendar's lasagna!
gig.gif
Yeah, it's store bought, but only because I promised Beth I wouldn't try to swipe her bribe!
lol.png
)

Oh Kathy!! Those are just some of the cutest little fuzzy butts!!! *melts* I can hardly wait for mine!! And if all goes well with this hatch, and I get over my first time jitters, I'm gonna be contacting Cyn for some of those Suede eggs!
wink.png
wee.gif

No Serrin my precious sweet big ole Thor is the Splash.
love.gif

Thor:

7630_thor22wksdance.jpg

Athena:

7630_athena22wks.jpg

I think you need my little rooster, Draco. he is half EE and Half Splash Cochin

7630_draco22wks2.jpg

Beth...don't think just because Cyn hatches them that they will not be drama queens....they will be it is their nature.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Cetawin, I am resigned to the fact the chicken coop is now a stage for His Highness and His dramatics. I think I need to make a little curtain. . . . .ah, well. . . .we will wait patiently for leading ladies, and I will get good coaching from watching Thor and Athena!

Amy - death by chocolate, huh? Uh, is there anything of mine you might like? I have a nice bay arabian mare I could send you. . . . .
wink.png

I think you need my little rooster, Draco. he is half EE and Half Splash Cochin

Oooh! Cutie!!! Sure! Bring him along too!! I'll take 'em both!! The more the merrier!! Remember ladies....I have a coop that has about a 30 bird capacity with only 8 little girls in it now. I can take on LOOOOOTTS more fluffy butts!!
gig.gif

Amy - death by chocolate, huh? Uh, is there anything of mine you might like? I have a nice bay arabian mare I could send you. . . . .

DO NOT tempt me woman!! Unless you really mean it!!
gig.gif
Though at the moment, I'm not sure what I would do with her other than to turn her into a lovely pasture ornament.

I had a little accident in October of 2008...got in an argument with the ladder...the ladder won...broke my durn back...riding anything more than a lawnmower is kind of out of the question right now.
sad.png

But oooh! If she's young enough, I could breed her, couldn't I? Fuzzy butts of another sort!!!
wee.gif
gig.gif

Hey Cyn....How are Olivia and Ivy doing these days? Any improvement? I tried to find the original thread about Ivy but it seems to have gotten thoroughly buried. And the eyes ain't what they used to be. I sure would like to know how those two fine ladies are doing.
love.gif

I think I got an egg from Ivy yesterday! It sure has the right shape, color and signature blob of calcium deposit on it. Crossing fingers that it really was hers. Olivia is still with us, seems to be functioning okay except for not laying eggs. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom