FERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for Shadow! I am so glad to hear she is all healthy and laying- and someone will go broody sooner or later. I'm not worried. Your girls will do the job! I think it just means there are certain special ladies in the wings for Ultrasuede and they just haven't been laid yet. If you know what I mean. . .
wink.png

I am sick of the rain and so is Thor. Poor boy wanted outside so badly so I took him out of the tractor in the garage and walked under the breezeway with him so he could see the outside. He looked unhappy with the rain so he came inside for a bit and had some apple.

Cyn, dang that Nugget. Well maybe someone will go over the edge soon. I am so happy little shadow has healed, recovered and is happily and safely back with the flock...now to get Dutch back with the girls, Isaac, Suede and Zane to my new house hehehehe and all shall be well on your mountaintop.

Here is an updated picture of Fern's first born (hatched)! There will be more BRs joining soon, as I ordered some BR chicks from Dick Horstman. I mean really ..... ya can't have just one, can ya????

31282_3-5-10_polly_and_holly_006.jpg

Here with hatchmates (BCMarans). I have GOT to paint those ugly walls. It is recycled lumber, and that ugly black (that looks like mold!) is where the roofing shingles were torn off. Waiting for nice Spring weather to finish up the coops!

31282_3-5-10_polly_and_holly_005.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww! Isn't she just the little charmer!?!?
love.gif
I know you're gonna take extra special good care of that little lady, aren't ya Kathy!

NO! NO! NO!!! No, you can't have just one BR!!! Though I seem to be lacking in the adult version of those at the moment. Just have Rosie now. But if these are what I think they are in the incubator (just waiting on those last three eggs now) and soon to go to the brooder, then we're going to have a good supply of BR's! Please Great Spirit! Let at least two be pullets! And pure too boot!
lol.png

Hope the ones you've ordered are in good health and live for many happy and healthy years to come. Are you ordering chicks Kathy, or hatching eggs?

Dick's BRs are top notch, for sure! That little one is cute, Kathy, but it's rather different. The legs are not bright yellow like its parents are (and should be) and it seems to me that it could be a cockerel. Someone else had a dwarf BR years ago and it was pullet-colored, but just overall, much tinier that its full size sibs. It never developed a cockerel-like comb and wattles, but did get stringy, shiny saddle feathers when the rest of it still looked like a short legged pullet. Yours looks really healthy, though! I have two Fern babies, one a cockerel, and they don't seem to be smaller than any of the others, so yours was probably a genetic fluke.

Back
Top Bottom