FERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muahahahahaha Polly only lives with you for about 4 more days...then she lives in Kentucky. muahahahahaha
*Cetawin disappears in a puff of smoke from her 160hp broom*

Ooh, Kathy, you'd better put Polly in your bedroom closet!
ep.gif

Old thread, but sad update to Fern's story, for anyone interested; though I mentioned it on a different thread, I felt it belonged here.

Fern went to that Great Roost in the Sky overnight. She would have turned 5 years old in June. She has been going downhill for weeks, but over the last week or so, could not stand up except on her hocks, though she ate and drank and could still deliver a head thunk to someone she considered beneath her. Caroline and Amanda, the top two hens in the Old Hens' Coop, took great care of her. Fern was a real character, raised by a broody bantam Cochin, my first real flier whose wings we actually did clip at one point.

Fern had an indomitable spirit and clung to life tenaciously. She laid an egg nearly every day for years, amazing layer, my very best I've ever had until she turned 4 years old. RIP my sweet, funny, goofy Fern.

I am so sorry to hear about Fern! I don't frequent BYC anymore, my life has taken me in a different direction as my daughter has grown up. We still have a few daughters of Fern roaming around in the front pasture, happy as can be. I won't tell them about their Mama, I don't want to upset them.

Hugs,
Laney

Back
Top Bottom