1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fertile Eggs

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by duckncover, Feb 25, 2009.

1. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I've had the ability to hand feed birds since the year before last (2007)...I went to a breeder to pick up a cockatiel and I asked him if he could teach me. Before I new it I was hand feeding a 12 day old cockatiel, then a parakeet of 5 days, finally in July of '08 I went to see him and he gave me the opportunity to handfeed a 1 week old baby canary!!!
    It was hard but I still did it. Not with a normal syringe either but this time with a eyedropper.

I've been thinking long and hard and thought maybe if I got some eggs I could do it myself.

I want some doves really bad but would accept some pigeons...I think it's my special skill.

If anyone can help me out by selling/donating me some cage bird eggs (what I call syringe babies) It would be much appreciated!!

Thank you,

Sincerely
    ~Jacob

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    You need to request to have this moved in to the hatching eggs section. Might also want to edit and be more specific in your title about location and what it is that you want.

Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by