FERTILE EGGS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by barred rock, Apr 14, 2009.

1. barred rock

barred rock Out Of The Brooder

What is the going rate for a dozen fertile eggs from Barred Rocks and Black Sex-linked

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Depends on the quality of the parents and their bloodlines.

Also, black sex-links do not breed true. If you want to sell them, then you need a RIR rooster mating with Barred Rock hens.

3. barred rock

barred rock Out Of The Brooder

well their father is a pure BR and there are 2 BR hens and 3 Black Sex-linked hens
    they are basically chikcens that i bought last spring from cacklehatchery and i have a friend who wants some layers to incubate and sell

4. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:If its to a friend of yours then the price will be up to you, but if you are selling them to people from other states, then, personally, I wouldn't sell them because they came from a hatchery. Hatchery birds are not all that good quality except in the area of laying. A lot of hatcheries focus more on quantity rather than quality(Adhering to the breed Standard).

If you have the Barred Rock rooster breeding with the Black Sex-Links, then the offspring will not be Black Sex-Links.

5. jeneralee

jeneralee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2009
    check eggbid.com and ebay for the going rates..lots better prices than hatcheries

6. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    $5 a dozen plus shipping sounds good. I've seen several mixes sale for that. Or if you could pick out only the pure eggs I would charge more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by