Fertile or not?

wistlindixie

Songster
8 Years
Feb 27, 2011
I cracked open one of my hens eggs and I'm trying to figure out if I have fertility happening in my flock. Can anyone tell? I'm trying to research the whole germinal disc thing....confused.
81091_img_8975.jpg

81091_img_8969.jpg

<3ChickenForever :

How many roosters do you have?

I have 10 hens and 6 roosters but only 2-3 are mature. Still pretty good chances though I think.​

Quote:
I have 10 hens and 6 roosters but only 2-3 are mature. Still pretty good chances though I think.

K then it's definetly fertile! I have 3 and I'm starting hatching this spring! Can't wait
celebrate.gif

Is that the ring, the little circle white thing on the yolk..how cool is that, I don't know if that what show fertility, but iam a total..no nothing about chickens at this stage..and I see little ring

Xoxo

Goodmluck

Quote:
I didn't know you could tell fertility by cracking the egg open either. I saw a video produced by Purina Mills that had an expert mention it. I tried to research the topic and found it to be a bit confusing. Apparently, all eggs have a germinal disc which allows the egg to become fertilized. The difference in appearance of the disc tells whether it is fertile or not. I, however, have no idea what I'm looking at so I thought I'd get some expert opinions. With so many roosters, I figured it was probably fertile. I'm learning so much from you all....keep the info/advice coming!!!

Back
Top Bottom