fertilized eggs

Go ahead and eat all the fertilized eggs you want too. The extra hormones cures acne and any bladder problems you may have. I have a rooster and can't tell any difference. Except I'm getting older and that has nothing to do with the eggs.

Quote:
They're the ones that don't lay eggs.
smile.png

I am a teacher, and I always tell my students that "stupid questions are opportunities for great learning," because usually it is the most curious students who ask the questions that everyone wants the answer for. This is a great forum for learning about chickens, and I hope it continues to be that way!

I agree with the other posts. I eat my fertilized eggs. I have a customer that wants only the fertile eggs to eat. I have some roosters with their girls and some girls without boys so I have fertile and unfertile eggs.

Whew Dan. I've been getting so tired of waiting on that rooster to start his laying cycle. Now I know I've been waiting in vain.
big_smile.png
That's really bad news. As large as he is I thought I would be getting a football size egg.
sad.png
Really disappointing.

Quote:
Further information! If I had known you were waiting on a Buff Orp rooster to lay, I'd have answered your other post differently!!!
hide.gif

As long as they are not kept at warmer temperatures, there is no difference in fertilized or unfertilized eggs. Don't worry about that part.

Sometimes people get confused when they see something in fresh non-commercial eggs. They think it is due to fertilized eggs when it is not. I'll give a link that talks about egg defects which shows what they can be, but sometimes a hen gets something in her internal egg laying factory besides the egg yolk and it winds up in the egg.

Egg Quality Handbook
http://www.thepoultrysite.com/ourbooks/1/egg-quality-handbook/

This does not just happen with our hens. Commercial hens lay eggs like this too. But commercial operations electronically candle the eggs before they go on the shelf looking for these things, so you should never see something like this when you buy regular eggs from the store.

There is nothing wrong with these eggs from a safety point. I always crack my eggs in a separate bowl to see what might be in them, but as long as it is not too much, I generally eat it anyway. And those candled commercial eggs that show up with stuff in them don't get thrown away. They are sold to bakeries and other places that beat eggs up so the defect will not be seen by the customer.

But the bottom line. There is no real difference in fertilized and unfertilized eggs.

Back
Top Bottom