Fertilized or no?

anniep

Songster
9 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Idaho
A13E5A4D-C4C8-4AFF-9F9A-C3F7861B11F6.png
i can’t tell....

Ok thank you! I didn’t think they should be fertilized since my roo is a serama and this hen is a Orpington cross but I was gonna be amazed if he somehow got the job done lol

Sadly, your egg doesn't look fertile. :(
It just looks like a blastodisc, which is a white spot with no bullseye. My phone doesn't want to upload a picture that I found on the internet, but I can see if I can upload a pic later. :)
You are looking for a bullseye. A white ring around the circle. This is also known as a blastoderm.

It’s fine, I’m really only hoping he gets my serama eggs fertilized... and just thought I would check a full size hen egg for fun. Now I wanna check a serama egg but I am leaving them in the nest to hopefully get a broody hen. I’ve never raised chicks, so who knows if I’ll succeed. Did have 12 show eggs once... dark Brahma bantam eggs... on day 18, my daughter bumped the heater and while we were at the dentist the temp rose to 104 and killed all the most beautiful baby chicks and it was heart breaking, so I’m just going for a broody mom this time so I can’t blame myself if something goes wrong.

It’s fine, I’m really only hoping he gets my serama eggs fertilized... and just thought I would check a full size hen egg for fun. Now I wanna check a serama egg but I am leaving them in the nest to hopefully get a broody hen. I’ve never raised chicks, so who knows if I’ll succeed. Did have 12 show eggs once... dark Brahma bantam eggs... on day 18, my daughter bumped the heater and while we were at the dentist the temp rose to 104 and killed all the most beautiful baby chicks and it was heart breaking, so I’m just going for a broody mom this time so I can’t blame myself if something goes wrong.
Oh yeah, that makes sense. Why not, right? Lol.
Aww, that is really sad. :( Incubating eggs is a hard one. I've seen quite a few eggs having a chick in it and then they ended up passing away, before they even hatched. Yes, that's a good idea. I want one of my hens to go broody pretty badly. :lol:

123DDEB2-B5EC-4984-8553-17950895E1B3.jpeg 88B42813-8B5D-43E7-A588-9792138E3143.jpeg Can someone please tell me what this might be. My mom just cracked open one of my fresh eggs and found this and then decided to pull it apart. Also she opened another egg and said it was green. Never had that happen before so I’m a little curious.

Back
Top Bottom