Fertilized?

Well, you’re not the only one. That’s why I started the thread.:D I thought that all fertile eggs would have a well defined dot in the center of the blastoderm. I’ve been searching other pics on the net of fertilized eggs and some show a fertilized egg with a large blastoderm with no center dot.

Well, you’re not the only one. That’s why I started the thread.:D I thought that all fertile eggs would have a well defined dot in the center of the blastoderm. I’ve been searching other pics on the net of fertilized eggs and some show a fertilized egg with a large blastoderm with no center dot.
Weird! Well I'm glad I'm not losing my mind!
While it is not the best example of a fertile egg with the center dot. You can see a more concentrated center dot area.
This photo should help to see the difference.
🤞I hope!
F9F94373-0DF0-4845-B990-8D986EFD9B4F.jpeg
Yours to me is more like the one on the bottom center.

While it is not the best example of a fertile egg with the center dot. You can see a more concentrated center dot area.
This photo should help to see the difference.
🤞I hope!
View attachment 2083634
Yours to me is more like the one on the bottom center.
That is one of the examples I saw. So the general consensus is that my egg is fertile. Great!
After all this, that dang hen better stay broody! :D

The bullseye isn't always as discernible. When the egg is infertile it would be a small dot. To me that egg looks fertile.

Some birds are like that. I had a broody that would only sit on one egg. She wanted to sit so I gave her a half dozen eggs. I marked the eggs. She kept pushing all of the eggs out of her nest but one and would only sit on the one. I took the eggs and stuck them in the incubator and they hatched. For whatever reason she only wanted to sit on the one egg. I have golf balls in my nest boxes. I recently had a broody sitting on one of the golf balls. Good luck and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom