Fertilized?

Saraalexis17

Chirping
Sep 6, 2021
A6F65924-F361-4BD3-BBE5-C35A531F8A10.jpeg
49EFF295-D64E-47AE-B3C1-D42652625B93.jpeg

Just looking for an expert opinion as we supposedly don’t have roosters but I’m thinking we might have a rooster in disguise.

In my experience, some roosters just don't crow very much. Might be worth setting up a sound-activated trail cam overlooking your yard/run to catch crowing or mating in the act.

Alternatively, posting pics here might shed some light on who the imposter is.
I haven’t seen anyone mate so I’m perplexed. We do have one golden “hen” who really should have been laying by now and they’re a bit offstandish and aggressive so I wonder if it’s “her” or him lol

In my experience, some roosters just don't crow very much. Might be worth setting up a sound-activated trail cam overlooking your yard/run to catch crowing or mating in the act.

Alternatively, posting pics here might shed some light on who the imposter is.

Can you get clear, individual photos of all the black ones? Standing side view if possible?

I *thought* I saw some male hackle on a black one in one of the group shots but I'm not certain.

If you can slide your hand or a piece of white paper under the hackles and saddles for detail shots it can help when trying to ID black or white birds.
I’m going to try to run out and grab them! There’s only one black one that isn’t laying and it’s one of my copper marans, I can’t figure out which though.

Back
Top Bottom