FFA Project Coop

cairopd1069

Songster
9 Years
Dec 4, 2010
Cairo, Ga
My daughter and I are building a coop for an FFA project. It will house approximately 2-4 hens.

Attachments

• IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1530.JPG
    IMG_1530.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1532.JPG
    IMG_1532.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1555.JPG
    IMG_1555.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 15
You forgot ventilation, other than that, it's looking good. Are you gonna put the nest box in back where you left it open for easy retrieval of the eggs? Make sure to put your roosting bars/poles up higher than the nest boxes or you'll never get a clean egg from them. Down in GA in winter, you don't have to worry about the birds getting too cold as long as you have plenty of ventilation.
Good luck! :thumbsup

You forgot ventilation, other than that, it's looking good. Are you gonna put the nest box in back where you left it open for easy retrieval of the eggs? Make sure to put your roosting bars/poles up higher than the nest boxes or you'll never get a clean egg from them. Down in GA in winter, you don't have to worry about the birds getting too cold as long as you have plenty of ventilation.
Good luck! :thumbsup
I need to correct my last comment, I didn't see the Hardware Cloth floor. They should have plenty of ventilation with a wire floor and a good vent over the door. Sorry for the mistake.
:love:hugs

I'm adding another nest box and it will be beside the other one. The door drops down for access to the eggs and it is held secure with two latches.

Back
Top Bottom