So I've been working on and off this coop build in my spare time a couple times a week with my dad for roughly about 1 -1 1/2 months. It's so hot that we only work for a few hours at a time, but finally walls will be going up tomorrow! I think what took the most time was the fact that I didn't have any "set" plans, I had an idea in my head and no set measurements. So that was fun too. For Windows, I got some used window skirts/sashes without the frame- so we also had to figure out how to build a frame so we could stick hinges on them and prop them open durring the summer. So the coop is 4x8 ft, is 7ft high in the front and 6ft high in the back. It is elevated by large grey concrete blocks, a foot or so above the ground. I'm planning on using T-1 siding. It'll have three Windows, and will have white poly roofing which will be held up by 2x4's. The area where the rafters will be places will not be covered by t-1 siding for year round ventslation purposes and will be covered by hardware cloth. The bottom of the coop I'm putting the roofing coat on- I can't remember the name at the moment but I've seen several coops use it. I am placing the nesting boxes on the inside (right side) about maybe a foot or two off the ground, and creating a storage area above that. On the left will be my roosts, with a poop board underneath, not in the floor. So they should have the whole floor of the coop to run, not that they'll be inside much anyways. For a pop door, as of right now I'll be using a manual pulley system until I get a decent automatic door. For the run, still debating if I want to get a dog run and put hardware cloth skirt on the bottom, or just create a run myself using 2x4's. If I make the whole thing from scratch, I'll be using welded wire with a hardware cloth skirt at the bottom, will make each 6ft(high)x8ft(wide) panels seperate so I just will have to screw them together; and will make it 16x8 (plus they'll have across to run under the coop). The area I'm putting it is very shaded, so I'm just putting some poultry netting over the top. The crew will all be locked in at night. This is the start of the front frame. And this is the backside of the front frame, finished today now that we got the correct window measurements. Added hardware cloth to the inside of where the window will be, tacked it down with roofing nails. This is one of the side frames; the left side with the window. This is the base which we completed in Nay before going on hiatus for a while (lol), it's been in my shed until today. This probably isn't its final resting place, have to level the land first. And or coarse the babies, who are two weeks old today 3 Easter eggers and 4 Belgium bearded D'Uccles.