Fifteen weeks old and waiting for eggs. Who is with me?

First egg! First egg! First egg!

Tiny, but perfect. No idea who, just found it in the run. Girls are nineteen and a half weeks.

YEEHAW!!!

86005_week_twenty_first_egg1.jpg

Here it is next to a store-bought extra large:

86005_week_twenty_first_egg2.jpg

19 weeks old this weekend -- and the nesting boxes have been thoroughly investigated! Hay is everywhere! Getting exciting!!!

I have 19 week old orpingtons, ameracuanas, and a 21 week old EE. Still no eggs!
idunno.gif
I check everyday and say maybe in another week
fl.gif

Waiting here too. Mine are 16 weeks and who knows on the others. Was told they were 12 weeks when I got them but .... I think not.
Patience is hard to come by.

My girls will be 20 weeks on Monday. Wattles and combs are getting quite red and growing nicely on them all now, but the BO is in the lead. I'd be surprised if she were the first to lay though, she is top hen, too. With the extreme heat down here in Texas I haven't been expecting too much from them, but temps are gradually coming down...so I can't help but get more excited. I'm hoping for an egg soon. I have had the nest box in for a couple weeks now...with pine chips. I can tell it's been investigated...pine chips everywhere. Good luck everyone and I'm so happy for those who've had some early layers.

Back
Top Bottom