Fifth Annual BYC NYD Hatch-A-Long Cutest Chick contest

Red Sex-Link x Silkie "Cheeky"

Red Sex-Link x Silkie "Goldie" stops to smell the flowers

Red Sex-Link x Silkie "Sleepy" He never opens his eyes
idunno.gif

Rhode Island Red "Stucky" - One of my shrink-wrapped chicks that I helped out of the shell (Sleepy is the other one)

Rhode Island Red "Decibels" - he is LOUD!

Red Sex-Link x Silkie "Cheeky"

Red Sex-Link x Silkie "Goldie" stops to smell the flowers

Red Sex-Link x Silkie "Sleepy" He never opens his eyes
idunno.gif

Rhode Island Red "Stucky" - One of my shrink-wrapped chicks that I helped out of the shell (Sleepy is the other one)

Rhode Island Red "Decibels" - he is LOUD!
Oh my goodness, look at all those flowers! What a sight to see for us here in the USA!!! I haven't seen flowers since the end of September! Now all I see is dead grass, dried leaves, and snow covering the ground!

This is my Buff silkie...or maybe partridge?...NO NAME partridge silkie...NO NAME White Silkie...NO NAME Japanese bantam...Button Japanese Bantam Silkie cross...Milkshake Japanese Bantam...Tokyo Buff silkie...NO NAME The 3 Japanese bantams....the one falling is Tokyo, the one with the blue back is Button, and the other is Wiggles. @ronott1 this was just 7 of my 12 chicks....could I add photos of the other 5 when I get pictures later?
I didn't hatch but I followed along!!! I just love Button!!! The others are absolutely adorable too !!!

Finally took pics of all the babies...still not the greatest, but at least ya'll get to see my little stinkers!!

My youngest son claimed the first born but has yet to name her:

Second chick born shortly after her sister:

My husband claimed this one before she was even born...because I had written the number 2 on the egg (because it was second to rock)...#2 was his baseball number, and the number of his favorite Nascar driver (Rusty Wallace). This gal's coloring is unique to that of her sisters...lots of yellow on her face, at the tips of her wings, on her shanks, chest, and her butt. She's an oddball...just like my husband!!!
lau.gif
:

4th baby girl born:

My poor little girl that had the curled toes and feet...but Mommy fixed them
big_smile.png
:

And finally, we have
love.gif
Miracle
love.gif
. She was internally pipped for a long time, and after I externally pipped for her, discovered she had pipped a vein. Thick veins were covering the inner membrane, she was shrink wrapped, and had not absorbed her yolk yet. The next day she wriggled out of her shell with the umbilical still hanging. After staying all day in the incubator to dry, and allow the umbilical to dry as well, she joined her sisters:

Those are my babies!!!

Back
Top Bottom