Ended Fifth Annual BYC NYD Hatch-A-Long Cutest Chick contest

Will DO! LOL

your little chick gets my vote! you should name her OWL! PLEASE!!!!

she looks like an little owl!
Already done! She has been Owl since day 2! And her ?brother? who looks similar but not so fluffy is Hedgewig (my 13yo dd named it that...from Harry Potter).

I am starting to have some real favorites...unfortunately I think some are roos so I am trying not to name them but it is hard. Two of them love snuggling up to me and falling asleep.
barnie.gif
Not sure how I will be able to part with them when it is time for freezer camp! (I suppose it will give us more space for the Easter coop...I only have one coop left!)

Already done! She has been Owl since day 2! And her ?brother? who looks similar but not so fluffy is Hedgewig (my 13yo dd named it that...from Harry Potter).

I am starting to have some real favorites...unfortunately I think some are roos so I am trying not to name them but it is hard. Two of them love snuggling up to me and falling asleep.
barnie.gif
Not sure how I will be able to part with them when it is time for freezer camp! (I suppose it will give us more space for the Easter coop...I only have one coop left!)

give them to another home were they can be a part of and protect some ladys! there is no need for freezer camp when some peeps are out there looking for a nice roo.

I love little owl to BITS! you said she was a.......? I would love to get some of those!

give them to another home were they can be a part of and protect some ladys! there is no need for freezer camp when some peeps are out there looking for a nice roo.

I love little owl to BITS! you said she was a.......? I would love to get some of those!

Dad is a RIR and her Mama is my favorite hen...an EE who is lowest in the pecking order. She runs around crazy and makes us
gig.gif
daily...so I named her Brainless (she was also in a bad molt when we bought the house so she looked rather pitiful). We were planning on naming her chick Birdbrain, but she is 100% Owl! We have two EE and they lay pretty green eggs.They don't lay daily so I can only send 2-4 at one time. But PM me when you are ready.
hugs.gif

We now have a tie breaker!

The Winners of the contest were:

First Place

Avlana

Second Place

Esti

All of the pictures were great! Thanks for posting them here.

Congratulations!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom